• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
Willow

Asperclick Awards 2013

Nesf

"Best Founder Ever" ha ha, easy to guess who was going to win that, though you may need to give Chris a turn next year :D

Willow

"Best Founder Ever" ha ha, easy to guess who was going to win that, though you may need to give Chris a turn next year :D

hehe it's just a mock one I used to show you all what it looked like earlier in the thread, and I printed it out just to cover up the real ones :D

• Helpful 2

Alex

I understand this Alex... Why did you decide to post this today? I would say this advice to everyone too because I agree with it, I like everyone on Asperclick regardless. But it is something I have always struggled with, like games board games losing or not having my turn first. The only thing I can say is that I won't say - or I'll try hard not to - anything bad on the forum about it when/if I don't win. It might be different offline, even then I'll try hard. It makes me feel bad because I don't know why I can't just be happy for other winners in any kind of game like everyone else is, or does other people just pretend to be happy outwardly to be polite and I struggle to do that? I feel like I'm being really mean but I'm not a mean person. Or at least I don't think I am, I don't want to be. 

I decided to post this today because it is something I have been wanting to say for a few days. And also, it's a coincidence that it happened to be on the day that Willow printed out the certificates. I didn't even notice what she said on Facebook until later, just for the record :)

You are not a mean person for being disappointed. To be honest, I think most people will be a little disappointed if they don't win, but it is considered polite to congratulate the winners, even though you are sad/disappointed that you didn't win. Anyway, I just meant that it's okay to be disappointed, but that there really isn't any reason to. As I said, it's only for a bit of light-hearted fun :)

Sofi

I decided to post this today because it is something I have been wanting to say for a few days. And also, it's a coincidence that it happened to be on the day that Willow printed out the certificates. I didn't even notice what she said on Facebook until later, just for the record :)

You are not a mean person for being disappointed. To be honest, I think most people will be a little disappointed if they don't win, but it is considered polite to congratulate the winners, even though you are sad/disappointed that you didn't win. Anyway, I just meant that it's okay to be disappointed, but that there really isn't any reason to. As I said, it's only for a bit of light-hearted fun :)

Yeah, okay, that was just a coincidence. I'll remember to come back to congratulate the winners. To be honest, I'm not taking it as fun yet because I'm still taking it too seriously. It'll be okay. 

Saveyourscissors

Exciting stuff! The certificates look amazing Willow!! Good Luck everyone :)

• Helpful 2

Ben

Now that the winners have been decided, I'm now going to make my predictions - then I'll take the list to Ladbrookes. ;-) 

Asperclicker - Terry.

Asperclickerette - Sofi.

Most Helpful - Mary.

Most Troublesome - WillowHope ;-P

Most Agreeable - Xmas.

Most Likely To Debate - Peridot. 

Resident Good Gal - Spiderwoman02... Maybe Squeaker... Haven't decided fully on that one. 

Resident Good Guy - Alex.

I'll be interested to see how many of those I've got right. 

Edited by Ben

Sofi

^^^ Oooh Ben, you shouldn't have done that to me! 
Now I'm going to be even more heartbroken when I don't win! 

Heather

EDITED:

I don't think anyone else will read this.  I just wanted to say it here.. because I don't really want it to be a new post in this thread.

I'm sorry because since this contest had been on... I was getting very anxious about it.  But mostly because I didn't want to win and I got scared thinking.. what if for some weird crazy reason, Willow picked me as one of the winners... it was sort of bubbling up inside of me.. so when Ben included "Squeaker" as a maybe for his list, I kind of burst and ended up posting something.  Though now, I'm back to a  bit better place, and will just say...

In the highly unlikely chance that I win, I am  grateful.  And in the more likely chance that I don't win anything, I am also grateful. 

Thank you for everyone who makes me want to log on to Asperclick.  You guys are great.

I feel like there are so many people on this site way more deserving than me of any award though.  End of post. 

Edited by squeeker

Nedarb

^^^ Oooh Ben, you shouldn't have done that to me! 

Now I'm going to be even more heartbroken when I don't win! 

I don't know about you, but I would be more heartbroken if I'd won something that was for something completely against who I am. Like if you hate arguments/debates and you are respectful of others, and yet you find yourself having won for the argument/debate or for most difficult (or something like that). Otherwise I don't think that you have anything to worry about!

• Helpful 1

Sofi

No more discussion or speculation about this until it is announced please.

Alex

Sorry Sofi, but I have to say this one thing to Ben first!

Now that the winners have been decided, I'm now going to make my predictions - then I'll take the list to Ladbrookes. ;-) 

Asperclicker - Terry.

Asperclickerette - Sofi.

Most Helpful - Mary.

Most Troublesome - WillowHope ;-P

Most Agreeable - Xmas.

Most Likely To Debate - Peridot. 

Resident Good Gal - Spiderwoman02... Maybe Squeaker... Haven't decided fully on that one. 

Resident Good Guy - Alex.

I'll be interested to see how many of those I've got right. 

I am so flattered! It's an honour to be considered the resident good guy by you, even if I don't win it. It means a lot to me. Thank you Ben. Much love from me to you! :)

• Helpful 2

Ben

I am so flattered! It's an honour to be considered the resident good guy by you, even if I don't win it. It means a lot to me. Thank you Ben. Much love from me to you! :)

You're welcome bud. The predictions were solely MY opinions, and to point out who I believe are the elite of the forum - the kind of people who have paved the way so to speak. Sofi, whether she want's to hear it or not, dwarfs even Willow in post and like count. That isn't opinion, it's fact. Terry has also been a hard worker throughout the year, clocking up a tremendous about of posts.

All of us have had our bumps in the road, but on the whole, you can't really dwell on them, when you consider the positive contributions. As for you Alex, the reason I personally selected  you as the good guy, is that you never get into pinch fights and more than once, you've been the sobering voice I needed to hear, when I get a bit over excited and I'm starting to get myself into trouble. 

So, I think that's the important thing to remember, to those I named who may or may not win. Regardless as to how the competition turns out, know that you're all still valued, regardless of the certificate, elevated status, or Koby Pencil toppers... 

But if you win, remember to not forget the real prize in all of this - Willows respect. 

Edited by Ben

Xmas

Ben, it is a big compliment to me that you have decided to include me in your predictions for the award and I am grateful, but I think you might have overlooked the fact that I am not officially an Aspie at the moment.

And I am sure you will agree that there are many other members here who would be more than deserving of this award - a few that spring to mind are Nesf, Iggy and Smithy The Wizard....oh and maybe Ben.   ;):gift:

• Helpful 1

Willow

I just want to point out, incase there's any confusion, the top two awards (Asperclicker+/ette) are not solely based on factual things like post count, join date and likes.

• Helpful 1

Nesf

Ben, it is a big compliment to me that you have decided to include me in your predictions for the award and I am grateful, but I think you might have overlooked the fact that I am not officially an Aspie at the moment.

And I am sure you will agree that there are many other members here who would be more than deserving of this award - a few that spring to mind are Nesf, Iggy and Smithy The Wizard....oh and maybe Ben.   ;):gift:

Thanks for the mention, it's good to know that someone appreciates me. You would definitely deserve the award :D

Edited by Nesf
  • Helpful 1

Sofi

I said no dishcussion! Its upsetting me too much, every time I click this I just start crying.

Willow

I said no dishcussion! Its upsetting me too much, every time I click this I just start crying.

So don't click it anymore, people might want to talk about it.

Ben

Thanks for the mention, it's good to know that someone appreciates me. You would definitely deserve the award :D

I'd have a special award in mind for you too, but unfortunately, it isn't an existing category. :-)

@Sofi, just take the compliment yeah? Wining or not, it is irrelevant to this conversation. The whole thing is just a bit of a laugh - surely it's more of a gift to know you're valued? I also think Alex had summed it up beautifully with his post as well, but I'll just add to it and say that if you can't enjoy posting here, without an elevated status, then you're on the wrong forum. 

I for one have always seen this place as a place of giving and not receiving.  

• Helpful 2

Sofi

WHY RE YOU SAYING IM ON THE WRONG FORUM DO YOU ALL WANT ME TO LEAVE IS THAT WHAT IT IS 

Ben

You're thinking far too much about this now, and you're getting upset, jumping to conclusions and twisting things. Don't read between the lines, when there's only benign intentions within. As if I'd seek out to try and hurt you. 

I'm just saying, prizes, status' and things are all perks that come with being a valued member. They're not the be all and end all, and I for one don't value members any less, or any more for what tag line they wear. Again, as I said, it's just a bit of fun. I know, that if I was ever stripped of my status, I'd still post here as often, I'd still put the same amount of energy into my posts and I'd still seek out to do what I can for people. The status is just the sprinkling on the icing - my icing can still be sweet without it... 

Don't think so much about it, really. This isn't the Olympics.

Edited by Ben
  • Helpful 1

Nesf

I'd have a special award in mind for you too, but unfortunately, it isn't an existing category. :-)

Uh oh... :unsure:

WHY RE YOU SAYING IM ON THE WRONG FORUM DO YOU ALL WANT ME TO LEAVE IS THAT WHAT IT IS 

No one want you to leave, far from it! I'm sure I speak for all of us when I say that you are well liked here. But this is obviously causing you a lot of anxiety - perhaps you should avoid visiting this thread until the awards are announced? Posting with capital letters makes it sound like you are angry with all of us, which I'm sure you aren't. When you feel angry about something, try to avoid the impulse to shout on the forum by moving away from the computer and distracting yourself with something else until the impulse has passed, like a short walk round the garden.

• Helpful 1

Sofi

Im too upset about it it's not about the forum it's about losing in general at anything 

Ben

Yes, I call it the - 'posting the letter before sleeping on it syndrome'. It's something I still get caught out with, though not as bad as I used to. 

Sofi

yeah

well it doesnt matter does it 

whats happened to my signature

Nesf

Im too upset about it it's not about the forum it's about losing in general at anything 

But you haven't lost anything here, Sofi. The results haven't been posted, so how do you know you have lost? It's not a competition where you lose or win anyway.