• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
AutismUnrestricted

Dr. Tony Attwood's videos on Aspergers

AutismUnrestricted

Hi, As mentioned in the help, support and advice thread, I have pasted below a series of short videos by Dr. T Attwood on Aspergers syndrome. I related with most if not all of it. I am curious to read what other Aspies on this forum think about these videos. I just want to know if anyone else has experienced these aspects in their lives or is it just me. 

and finally

Thanks for your time.

Mish 

• Helpful 7

Echo

It just so happens that I found and watched all these Monday afternoon. I am currently watching a conference piece of his on Youtube. I am finding that, just like you, I relate to a lot that he is saying, but not all. Once I have finished watching, I'll get back to you and elaborate.  

• Helpful 2

AutismUnrestricted

Wow, thats great Echo, I look forward to it. If you come across any videos like this would you be so kind to send me the link as I find it very reassuring that I'm not alone in how I feel.

• Helpful 1

Echo

Will do :)

Nesf

It's good that he stresses the clinical differences between females and males with AS, and also how the ways it affects adults may be different to how it affects children.

• Helpful 3

AutismUnrestricted

@ Nesf

Yes, I completely agree, thats very perspective.

L Lawliet

Dr Tony Attwood is amazing! I watch his videos constantly!

• Helpful 2

AutismUnrestricted

Hi StargazingwithU, same here, nice to know that you like em too :)

L Lawliet

Hi StargazingwithU, same here, nice to know that you like em too :)

I do. I would give anything to meet him and ask him some questions! (Although they wouldn't be anything he hasn't been asked a million times before I'm sure! :P)

haden

his book is amazing but like most adults here i find it to much towards children :(

but i got a cbt book for aspergers off amazon that seems pretty good

myphoria

I also identify with a lot of what he has to say and really appreciate his empasis on distiction between male and female presentation.

Charles

I can strongly recommend his books also.  They explain things in a logical way.  When you read them, you will begin to see patterns in your own thinking and it helps sort of define what is going on.  Plus I can adapt some of what he says to explain things to others in a way they can understand.  He is very sympathetic to ASD folks in his view, seeing strengths along with weaknesses.

his book is amazing but like most adults here i find it to much towards children :(

but i got a cbt book for aspergers off amazon that seems pretty good

What is the title?  CBT has helped me out some with social anxiety and some of my negativism, so I would read another one if it got a recommendation.

MrGrey

I just watch all seven videos and all I can say is:  OMG This guy is spot on!

I can't comment on the parts about the females aspies as I'm a guy and I don't know many aspie girls.  But the few I've known I can tell, it's different.  So he's on the right track.

I really like his explanations and examples.  He is so clear and easy to understand that I think even neurotipicals can get the point (and yeah, I think neuroptipicals are pretty dumb).

Aeolienne

I heckled Tony Attwood once.

(AutismUnrestricted: Grazie per la lezione d'italiano!)

Tylermc

I'm a huge fan of Dr tony Atwood and his books and videos

StormCrow

I've got a book by him in my library 

Extraterrarian

He makes sense of so much. I especially liked his insights to how women/girls on the spectrum adapt, and the specific challenges we can face. I see much of this in my life.

Thanks for posting these. :) Very helpful.

• Helpful 1