• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
Willow

Asperclick's Autistic Spectrum Alert Card

Willow

We have a thread elsewhere for this: http://asperclick.com/topic/1550-autism-card/

But I'm starting this one because I wanted to include all the info in one post :)

I've designed an 'alert' card, for those on the Autistic Spectrum to carry around with them. The idea is that if you get a bit overwhelmed or you aren't able to get your point across etc, when you're out and about in public, you can hand this card over and it will just go some way to explain why you're flapping and struggling to breathe! I've written myself, and didn't look at any other cards beforehand, because I didn't want to 'copy' any others. As you can see, it's got the WillowHope/Asperclick colour scheme etc, so it's not dull. I tried to make it a bit more 'funky' etc. than the usual ones, and not as...insulting. I don't mean that in a bad way as such, I just mean that after seeing some since designing mine, and from what I can remember from my old one, they seem to make us look kind of useless, and I just wanted this one to be worded a bit nicer. 

You can get them from my store here.

They cost £1.50 (plus shipping) and once I've made back the money it costs to order them (pretty expensive as it turns out  :( ) then the money will go towards the running of Asperclick and the general expenses that come from all the other things I try to do to help :)

They will be the size and thickness and durability of a credit/debit card, so will fit into your wallet/purse and should last a long time!

Front:

autism_card_front_RGB_1024x1024.jpg?v=13

Back:

autism_cardback_RGB_1024x1024.jpg?v=1389

• Helpful 11

Sofi

I love it. I will get one  :autismawareness:

• Helpful 1

Wren

I love it but unfortunately my mum would strongly dislike me having one because I have to act 'normal' and not tell people I have an ASD. She thinks it is the right thing and it means she is loving me so I am not too hard on her opinion. Sorry Willow, they are so nice. The colour scheme-YES. Autistic people aren't limited to primary colours yay!

• Helpful 2

Kuribo [old account]

These are great, I will get one soon. :)

• Helpful 1

AutismUnrestricted

Thanks Willow, good job! Will be ordering one soon

• Helpful 1

Smithy The Wizard

I really like them Willow! :) I might get one.

• Helpful 1

Heather

Nicely done, Willow.  I like the look of them and you did well on the words.  I'm not sure if I will get one yet but they look nice.

• Helpful 1

HalfFull

I love it but unfortunately my mum would strongly dislike me having one because I have to act 'normal' and not tell people I have an ASD. She thinks it is the right thing and it means she is loving me so I am not too hard on her opinion. 

Maybe she is worried that you will tell the wrong people, but I think that when you are 18 you should tell people who you think should know if you are in regular contact with them and sometimes have problems.

aspiesw

It looks brilliant, I like the last bit at the bottom, "Also... Don't take advantage of me. I'm not stupid, I'm just anxious"

• Helpful 2

Sofi

I pree order it and the badge I've always wanted :)  :autismawareness:  :icon:  :Sparky:

• Helpful 1

Boobookittyfrag

Might be an idea to contact your local police - they respond well to the aac up here :) They might well really take this on board!

• Helpful 1

iggy

This is very cool Willow, it definitely does look more colourful, but in a good way, than other similar cards :)

• Helpful 1

Kuribo [old account]

Maybe she is worried that you will tell the wrong people, but I think that when you are 18 you should tell people who you think should know if you are in regular contact with them and sometimes have problems.

What does age have to do with anything? It is as irrelevant a factor in almost all situations as skin colour and sexual orientation.

Willow

What does age have to do with anything? It is as irrelevant a factor in almost all situations as skin colour and sexual orientation.

That's around the age that parents can't 'control' you anymore, that's all.

Kuribo [old account]

That's around the age that parents can't 'control' you anymore, that's all.

Okay. I am quite easily annoyed by age-related posts because I'm against this stupid culture of age restrictions and the expectation that I respect those who give none in return. I know HalfFull didn't mean anything bad, it's just something that angers me all day, every day.

NeuroRubyDiversity93

Quite vibrant and scintillating card that has been well designed I must say, unlike most of the alert cards I've observed online this one signifies a positive message about us on the spectrum and how we are just different. "I am a unique human being and deserve the respect you show everyone else." This is veracious and truly spot on. :)

• Helpful 4

HalfFull

I also want to add that I'm impressed by the card which I didn't mention earlier as I was so focused on replying to Wrens situation.

It looks really good :)

• Helpful 1

Willow

Thank you for all the great feedback :D

I have contacted my local Police department as I can't seem to find if they have an alert card, so we'll see where that goes.

aspiesw

I'm tempted to get one, it would certainly help me in social situations

Sofi

I have a police one but it's not nice looking

Smithy The Wizard

I wish I had a big stamp that said WIZARD APPROVED on it. I'd use it on this. :)

• Helpful 2

DominikaCupcake

i think that the card is nice and all, but i don't think i'll have. I don't really like to tell people i have AS. And besides, i don't think it affects me that bad that i can't speak for myself.

• Helpful 1

Willow

My local police department got back to me and would like to meet me to learn more about the work I do :) They said they do have a card, but they didn't say much about it, so we'll see. 

• Helpful 11

Wren

My local police department got back to me and would like to meet me to learn more about the work I do :) They said they do have a card, but they didn't say much about it, so we'll see.

That is great news Willow!

aspiesw

That's brilliant! :D