• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
Willow

Asperclick's Autistic Spectrum Alert Card

Sofi

That is great, good luck, yes mine is a police card but it would be better if it looked nicer like that one. I would rather show that one than the police one. 

AutismUnrestricted

Pre ordered mine 

Saveyourscissors

did my comment get deleted?

Willow

They look great Willow! I personally wouldn't have the confidence to carry one :( it would also be good maybe if like graham posted they had contact details? Just my take on it makes it useful to get next of kin/carer :)

It was in the other thread about it.

About contact details, I can't make it so they're all different, or so that they have parts which you could write on, as it was expensive enough as it was to buy the ones I've chosen.

Alex

I could really use one of these cards personally. Especially for when I go through security in the airport... I always get in trouble, because it's so confusing! I can never get it right, and then they get annoyed with me, and I get more and more nervous... Ugh, I hate going through security :/

DominikaCupcake

I could really use one of these cards personally. Especially for when I go through security in the airport... I always get in trouble, because it's so confusing! I can never get it right, and then they get annoyed with me, and I get more and more nervous... Ugh, I hate going through security :/

Hmm, i didn't think about it before, but yes, this card could be useful at the airports. I tend to get very anxious at the airport and use to have problems with securty. I hate crowded airports.

Willow

I don't really find myself at airports very much but I imagine it would be useful if things got a bit tricky and I started to panic. It's the last kind of 'emotion' you want to be portraying at an airport! :(

Alex

It's the last kind of 'emotion' you want to be portraying at an airport! :(

Exactly. Wouldn't want them to get the wrong idea of you... But I think they mostly just think I'm a bit slow or something. 

Sofi

Exactly. Wouldn't want them to get the wrong idea of you... But I think they mostly just think I'm a bit slow or something. 

Oh yeah, I hate airports but I don't go to them anymore. I feel as if I'm trying so hard not to look suspicious even though I'm completely innocent, it just makes me look more suspicious because I'm nervous about it :( 

• Helpful 1

HenryVIII

Oh yeah, I hate airports but I don't go to them anymore. I feel as if I'm trying so hard not to look suspicious even though I'm completely innocent, it just makes me look more suspicious because I'm nervous about it :(

I hate airports too.  I am always saying inappropriate things when I get stressed and airports these days are just not the right place for anything out of the norm.

I have pre-ordered my card, thanks for doing this Willow.

• Helpful 1

Shōnen Bat

I hadn't thought of the security aspect. In that respect I think its a really great idea, having something like that for airport security, or for dealing with the police (similarly stressfull) or even if you have an accident, having that on you would be really good since the paramedics would be able to deal with you better if you got stressed out.

Edited by Shōnen Bat
  • Helpful 1

Willow

Yeah for safety/security reasons, is a big part of why I did this, but I hadn't thought of it's uses at Airports until it was brought up  :) I will add it into the description.

Nesf

I panicked or got upset a couple of times at the airport, once because I got confused and lost, and went into the wrong part of the airport, another time because I was late for the flight and I thought I wouldn't be allowed on the plane, and then there was the time when I started being sick just before boarding, so I couldn't fly but these didn't cause any issues with security - I dread to think about how I would react if I was stopped and searched or anything like that.

Sofi

They have touched me all over my body before a few times at airports and went through my bag. 

I have used my card for when I have tried and failed to pay for something in shops and a few times in train station and on the train or bus to the workers and taxi driver, I've had many bad times on public transport. One time to the police man.

Kuribo [old account]

I've never been on a plane. I don't want to either. Airport security procedures are far too invasive and can very be easily abused. No, I can't suggest an alternative way of combating terrorism unfortunately, but I refuse to subject myself to any of that.

DominikaCupcake

They have touched me all over my body before a few times at airports and went through my bag. 

I hate when they search me at the airports because i hate being touched by strangers. I often feel that i'm about to explode and want to punch them in the face for making me feel so uncomfortable, but i know that i have to control myself because if i won't there'll only be more troubles.

• Helpful 1

Shōnen Bat

I've never been on a plane. I don't want to either. Airport security procedures are far too invasive and can very be easily abused. No, I can't suggest an alternative way of combating terrorism unfortunately, but I refuse to subject myself to any of that.

Airport security isn't for stopping terrorists, the same way ID checks aren't for stopping terrorists. Airport security is theatre to make people feel something is being done. By far the most effective thing that has been done since 9/11 is reinforced cockpit doors. The rest is equivalent to taking away bins at trainstations.

• Helpful 1

HalfFull

I remember making sure I went on Eurostar with as few coins in my pocket as possible, but the simple act of purchasing a hot drink in the cafe just to kill time resulted in having lots of coins again and it was quite a palaver yet my 3 friends had managed to get through without issue. The security guys I had to deal with were extremely intimidating. I once had similar because my pocket was full of sweet wrappers and I was asked to explain myself.

About the cards mentioning the Police, the problem with that is that at first sight some people might think the person has had a brush with the law. Hopefully it doesn't usually get taken that way.

AutismUnrestricted

Thanks for the free download Willow although I have already purchased the card version, this will be useful too if I lost the card for example, I am very forgetful and have to set reminders everywhere to not forget stuff. 

Also talking about airports, I once had a full blown hysterical crying meltdown at the airport because I wasn't aware of the no liquid in handbad rule as it was newly introduced back then and I was heavily dependent on makeup and had liquid foundation and cleansing gel and all the stuff in my handbag and they literally took that just minutes before I was due to board the plan and emptied it in a trash can in front of me. My heart sank and I had this super massive anxiety attack and couldn't cope

Sofi

Also talking about airports, I once had a full blown hysterical crying meltdown at the airport because I wasn't aware of the no liquid in handbad rule as it was newly introduced back then and I was heavily dependent on makeup and had liquid foundation and cleansing gel and all the stuff in my handbag and they literally took that just minutes before I was due to board the plan and emptied it in a trash can in front of me. My heart sank and I had this super massive anxiety attack and couldn't cope

Gosh that sounds awful :( Airports are horrible unpredictable places. 

• Helpful 1

Willow

Arrived today - pre orders will be shipped by the end of the week. :D

BegR52ZCYAAGXuT.jpg

• Helpful 2

Sofi

My card in clear card space in my bag:
card2222.jpg

My badges, the big badge is on the strap that goes across my body:
autistic-1.jpg

• Helpful 5

Wren

@Sofi Hmmm...I don't think anyone is going to mistake you for a NT with all that signage. I LOVE the Koby and friends badges.

• Helpful 1