• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
Willow

Asperclick's Autistic Spectrum Alert Card

Sofi

@Sofi Hmmm...I don't think anyone is going to mistake you for a NT with all that signage. I LOVE the Koby and friends badges.

They wouldn't mistake me for NT anyway because I kind of act 'odd' in public a lot of the time. It is only really the big badge on show and I'd have to actually show the card. It is all good for safety because these days I'm out in public more without my mum, who usually sorted everything out for me, like at the day centre and I'm about to join Autism social club where I'll be out. I just don't do well in unexpected situations

• Helpful 2

AutismUnrestricted

Got my card today, yippee :) Thanks Willow. Excellent packaging, survived the dog chew attack. Card intact. Thanks a lot for putting it in a clear plastic and you delivered before end of Jan as promised by you. Very happy, Thanks again :) Card has gone straight in my wallet. Will show my support worker next tuesday. 

• Helpful 3

Sofi

I'm going to show my support worker too and I'm going to show it at my new Autism club. I think they will love it.

vcq14

I love it but unfortunately my mum would strongly dislike me having one because I have to act 'normal' and not tell people I have an ASD. She thinks it is the right thing and it means she is loving me so I am not too hard on her opinion. Sorry Willow, they are so nice. The colour scheme-YES. Autistic people aren't limited to primary colours yay!

Wren, I am with you. I have to pass as "NT" 24/7 (the only people who openly know about my AS are my parents). I do love the card, though :-)

• Helpful 1

Dragon Spirit

i love it i may or may not ask my mum for one

peacefulwarrior

I got mine, thanks Willow.  :) I'm gonna shove it to peoples face when they don't understand me.  :P

• Helpful 1

ryanhendry94

Got my card yesterday, very pleased with it, thanks Willow :)

• Helpful 1

StormCrow

the Alert Cards are mostly for pre/during panic (maybe?), but does anyone know of some kind of tri-fold that has a general "what is ASD" that I can give certain people. 

It's mostly because I'm horrible at explaning things to people.

Willow

the Alert Cards are mostly for pre/during panic (maybe?), but does anyone know of some kind of tri-fold that has a general "what is ASD" that I can give certain people. 

It's mostly because I'm horrible at explaning things to people.

The National Autistic Society has something: 

http://www.autism.org.uk/products/leaflets/what-is-asperger-syndrome.aspx

But it might be nice one day for Asperclick to team up and create one, which I could hopefully get made  :D

Poppet

Also, apparently there are some proposals in Virginia US (where I live) to get a special code on IDs and licenses to alert police and emergency responders of your autism without it being glaringly obvious to others.

http://wtvr.com/2014/01/17/jps-law-aims-to-help-autistic-virginians/

I'm more worried about the TSA people though since I've actually had issues with them finding me "suspicious" in the past. :/ I hate those people...

Kuribo [old account]

Just ordered one. :)

RubySeahorse

I love the card, however, the not being touched doesn't apply to me. While I don't like physical contact in a crowd, etc, if I am upset or anxious (the reason I would be using the card) the best thing is for one person to deal with me and in that situation I find a calm, steady touch to be grounding. If I am anxious enough to trigger a panic attack then I actually need someone to physically lead me somewhere quiet as my vision goes blurry.

Kuribo [old account]

Thanks Willow, mine arrived. I may use it myself, but it would probably be of most use to my sister, who we're in the process of explaining Autism to. She very easily falls into negative thinking patterns, so the message on your card is ideal.

Edited by Kuribo
  • Helpful 1

blacktiger911

its cool I'll think about it I sounds like a really cool idea!