• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
thelastrequiem

homoromantic/sexual people and aspergers

mary
Well, you pretty much pointed out that one dude's flawed logic.

Because really, no one knows for certain that everyone here is straight.

Well this is true... people may be anything, but I think it has been well established that 'most' people on here really don't mind which sexuality someone identifies with... they accept them as people who have the same struggles in life due to their diagnosis, and thus offer support to each other, with knowledge gained via experience or reading.

• Helpful 1

Ben
Well, you pretty much pointed out that one dude's flawed logic.

Because really, no one knows for certain that everyone here is straight.

When I look at your avatar, I definitely know I'm strait. 

Just saying. 

• Helpful 1

thelastrequiem

Disregard my previous post. I removed it because I posted it while I was in a bad mood.

Granted, I'm in a bad mood right now as well.

So anyway... You know what really sucks?

Being homosexual. The AS part isn't a bother at all... well, except maybe for the fact I suck at socializing.

But yeah... Just ignore me. I'm not even sure why I'm here right now.

Stressmonster

Just to dip my little fly in the ointment here...

I couldnt care less what sexual preference people have. If someone were to tell me that they are gay i would most likely shrug my shoulders cause i really don't care. As it has been stated previously. It's 2013. These things shouldn't matter and to me they don't matter to the point that i don't care about it.

• Helpful 2

thelastrequiem

When my friend told me they're transgender, I didn't so much as question it.

I actually couldn't care less about peoples' sexuality.

Edited by Crow

thelastrequiem
The only thing that bothers me is people who lie and conceal their sexuality because they are to afraid to tell the truth.

I concealed my sexuality by pretending I was heterosexual.

I never actually dated any men though, so I guess it's not all bad...

Toran

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="WillowHope" data-cid="12201" data-time="1365693558"><p>

Topics getting lost is a normal occurrence on a forum - but you were replying directly to someone who isn't massively active and it's been a while since they started this thread - and like they pointed out, they've just been busy. People reply when they have the time, and if it is a touchy subject, sometimes they pass so they don't hurt anyones feelings, not just because it differs from the norm.</p></blockquote>

I can relate to this I was always on the site when I joined but then things happened and I became depressed and moved away for a bit. Things usually come work out ok in the end so there are many reasons why people might move away for a bit not reply to a thread.

thelastrequiem

I must apologise if this thread has caused too much uproar. 'Twas not my intention.

Toran

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Crow" data-cid="14104" data-time="1366905210"><p>

I must apologise if this thread has caused too much uproar. 'Twas not my intention.</p></blockquote>

From my point of view there's no need to apoligise. Everyone has a view and a different position on things we speak our minds here that's what's so good about the site.

• Helpful 1

thelastrequiem

I just feel kinda bad for going on and on about sexual orientation, acting like it's a big deal.

I mean, I did make this thread purely because my curiosity got the better of me.

But now I'm starting to question myself. Question the posts I've made.

Andy
I just feel kinda bad for going on and on about sexual orientation, acting like it's a big deal.

I mean, I did make this thread purely because my curiosity got the better of me.

But now I'm starting to question myself. Question the posts I've made

In this perhaps over sexualised western world, sexuality is very important to us where it forms part of our individual identity and of that identity, it is also commercial so the over sexualisation will continue until a time comes that we start to go backwards and deem sex for making babies only and anything else outside of that purely biological act will be as in the past persecuted. Persecution of anything different from the norm is still happening in this world where in Iran males that are alleged to be homosexual are publicly executed weekly often by being hung from cranes.

Perhaps we are being passively forced by society to question our sexuality ?

But with the world population that we have I can't see a return to the past happening anytime soon unless religion takes hold again.

But many of us write what we do and then later cringe at what we have written, I know I do and sometimes I actually fear going to where I do online to have to read what I have written in the past where most times I defocus my eyes when I see my own postings, so I don't actually see them but read what has been written in response.  I do understand a lot of this comes with lack of self confidence.

And so, I have been questioning 'me' all my life and it is only recently I have settled to something I can identify with, where this settling provides comfort and a degree of self confidence, but sexuality with most is a learning experience, we do what we do in order to understand ourselves and it is highly likely what we are at this point in time, a decade later we might be something very different where our change is what is called human development we have learned something and in most cases we have become better in ourselves to ourselves and to others.

So question away, for sure, your questioning no doubt others were thinking something similar for them to have replied and no doubt those that haven't you may have provided food for thought for them as well.

• Helpful 1

Toran

Sexuality is just one part of an individual and usually if that person questions that part of themselves there is almost certainly many unanswerd questions in many parts of their lives.sexuality is a very strong energy and as every other thing in life it can be used for both good and bad.You may find that those at ease with their sexuality are best placed to understand many things in their lives and the world in general. Sex isn't about just making babies it is an expression in physical terms of the love we feel to one special person. There are those that use the act without emotion it is then that it becomes a destructive force especially when one acts out of love and the other physical gratification. There are as many variations as there people that is the truth and you can only do what is right for you and except others as they do the same. People have always been persecuted for their sexuality but that is a factor within people that they have yet to discover within themselves that others have already excepted. It is a sad fact but one that is very true and still with us for many years to come I fear.

Andy

Sex is what it is to whoever where I do not equate sex to love or vice versa as to me sex is a tool for learning about oneself and I do learn lots and lots I never thought I would learn but stuff that stops questions forming in a lot of cases.

Colin

intresting subject

people lable me as gay sometimes because I love 80s music or im just not like a tipical male. cry during sad movies, bake cakes, love shopping, I love chick flicks.

I have a hard time with love and lust

Andy

intresting subject

people lable me as gay sometimes because I love 80s music or im just not like a tipical male. cry during sad movies, bake cakes, love shopping, I love chick flicks.

I have a hard time with love and lust

Have you heard of the modern term ; metrosexual ?

Nesf

I don't get this labelling thing at all, so if you are a guy and you bake cakes and listen to 80s music it means you're gay? Gay means homosexual, which means being attracted sexually to members of the same sex, what music you listen to or what hobbies you have is completely irrelevant! I listen to 70s music from former communist countries, so that must make me a hippy and a communist??!!

• Helpful 1

Andy

I don't get this labelling thing at all, so if you are a guy and you bake cakes and listen to 80s music it means you're gay? Gay means homosexual, which means being attracted sexually to members of the same sex, what music you listen to or what hobbies you have is completely irrelevant! I listen to 70s music from former communist countries, so that must make me a hippy and a communist??!!

Now, I might be wrong, but it is my observation that females can be anything in our western society, they can bumper to bumper with females and it's sexy, but males step outside of the traditional iconic male image and they are for it, as for example the subject of female and male nudity there's laws against male nudity but everyone wants to see women in the buff, even females where if males expressed a wish to see their sex in the buff, they are gay.

Males are oppressed in modern civilised society, they are oppressed by themselves because they don't know where they stand anymore and so cling to things that perhaps never were.

And so last night was dance class night, well, one of them and  given the heat I so much wanted to go out in my sarong as it is pure practicality in this weather, but I chickened out. The ladies in the dance class were wearing skirts whereas I came home sore sore chaffing trousers as that is all I can wear and when the activity gets vigorous and sweat is a problem even linen trousers are restrictive and it chafes.

But I have a sewing machine and I have just found a pattern for an American style cargo kilt, I will get there eventually with what is acceptable to males because males are the problem.

Edited by Andy

Ben

^ I remember we spoke about this, what was that? Like, two years ago? And nothing has changed. 

Problem is people are too stupid to understand what equal rights are. Equal rights mean everyone acts like robots, not women can do things while men get penalised for it. Anyway equal rights wouldn't work, it would be awful.  

But there is something I take umbrage with and that is; men are sexist, women are funny. 

Here's an example;

That was on the TV for years, but the Yorkie bar advert? Banned! Very quickly!

It's gone to far towards women, and even other races; they get away with practically murder, but if the white male even so much as looks at coloured man or a woman funny, we get three years community service. 

I'm not saying women and other races shouldn't take the piss, I'm just saying we should all live in harmony and all be aloud to take the piss out of everyone (In good spirit mind you) It won't ever get to a point where blacks are used for slavery and women are not allowed to vote again, which is clearly what society is afraid will happen if the white male is given an inch. It's not 1934 any more, we all know better now. 

As for everything else, men doing ballet, or women playing rugby, that just comes down to a persons free choice, why should gender even be mentioned or thought about in this equation? Brains anywhere? 

• Helpful 1

Andy

It's all a game of power Ben, people prevented is people oppressed and the oppressor happy they have got their own way for sadly we live in a society where we care too much about what people are doing that we don't agree with but don't care about people when they are struggling.

Nesf

Yes, you are both right, society's too hooked up on gender stereotypes... and I would say, just do what you want and be yourself, Andy, but I know that this isn't so easy, if you went out in a sarong you would most likely be stared at, jeered or even attacked. How could something that was the norm in history, and still is the norm in many countries, be the object of ridicule? I wish people could be really free to be themselves, whoever they are. In many ways there's a lot of over-compensation going on in reaction the the feminist movement of previous years.

Andy

My dance buddies last night seeing my discomfort at what I was wearing to dance in said its okay for women they can be cool and comfortable but we are stuck with the obligatory uniform where I did say I was toying with coming out in my Indonesian sarong but chickened out because well this is a garrison town not known for it's tolerance towards anyone that dares to be different, where even last night I got some gyp from a couple of doped up  chavs because I had long hair and this town fancied itself as city of culture, an accolade it has been refused.

Toran

Did any of you see the article about school boys wearing skirts? There was a couple who wore shorts in to school because of the hot weather. They were told they couldn't wear them against school policy so one boy wore a skirt. He stated it was sexist to say he couldn't wear a skirt as girls wore them. Then a lot of the boys started wearing skirts so the younger generation are seeing this and arnt afraid to make their stand i thought good for them.

• Helpful 1

Xmas

^ I remember we spoke about this, what was that? Like, two years ago? And nothing has changed. 

Problem is people are too stupid to understand what equal rights are. Equal rights mean everyone acts like robots, not women can do things while men get penalised for it. Anyway equal rights wouldn't work, it would be awful.  

But there is something I take umbrage with and that is; men are sexist, women are funny. 

Here's an example;

That was on the TV for years, but the Yorkie bar advert? Banned! Very quickly!

It's gone to far towards women, and even other races; they get away with practically murder, but if the white male even so much as looks at coloured man or a woman funny, we get three years community service. 

I'm not saying women and other races shouldn't take the piss, I'm just saying we should all live in harmony and all be aloud to take the piss out of everyone (In good spirit mind you) It won't ever get to a point where blacks are used for slavery and women are not allowed to vote again, which is clearly what society is afraid will happen if the white male is given an inch. It's not 1934 any more, we all know better now. 

As for everything else, men doing ballet, or women playing rugby, that just comes down to a persons free choice, why should gender even be mentioned or thought about in this equation? Brains anywhere? 

Women like the one in this advert do my head in. She is not so much different to all the stereotypical women in those old black and white adverts from the 50s and 60s (sorry you are all probably too young to remember) where a woman's raison d'etre was her household appliances, labour saving gadgets and her Fairy Liquid. The only difference here is that we have a Stepford husband as well as a Stepford wife.

This advert would have been more interesting if the husband had left the offending kitchenware to soak, grabbed his wife by the hair and took her to the pub - because he loves her and life is too short to worry about housework.

Of course that is yet another stereotype. I wonder who it is who devises adverts such as this and why they think these types of stereotype will sell their product. Or was this advert a spoof?

I don't really like these battles of the sexes, there is good and bad on both sides.

Lastly, Ben why are you worried about the Yorkie advert, now if it had been Green and Blacks you would have had good a point. ;)

iggy

i agree with this. I don't understand it. There must be men who are straight who like to use things which are considered gay, or gay people who like the stereotypical "macho" or whatever. And same goes for girls!

Personally I have some interests which are considered "boyish" but nobody would say a girl is a lesbian for that, and yet it means more if you're male.

On the subject of Yorkies, do they still make them? (Not seen one for years). That's something I used to get teased by my sister, eating Yorkies - as it is "man" chocolate. Yet another thing which seems kind of crazy to me.