• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
thelastrequiem

homoromantic/sexual people and aspergers

Andy

Did any of you see the article about school boys wearing skirts? There was a couple who wore shorts in to school because of the hot weather. They were told they couldn't wear them against school policy so one boy wore a skirt. He stated it was sexist to say he couldn't wear a skirt as girls wore them. Then a lot of the boys started wearing skirts so the younger generation are seeing this and arnt afraid to make their stand i thought good for them.

The younger generation if they can avoid the oft misogynistic education are the better future for welcome the metrosexual for they are n tune with what women want.

L Lawliet

This crossed my mind today and I felt like I should make a thread about it.

Anyway, I've noticed that there is very few people with aspergers who are homoromantic/sexual.

I don't know why this is, but it seemed kinda interesting to do some research on.

Anyone got a clue as to why this is such a rare occurence?

I'm bisexual :) Have known since I was 15 (23 now)

I read somewhere, not sure if it just refers to females, but AS and being bisexual in quite common because of the way our brain thinks. Something to do with how we perceive people and don't look at people the usual way, so we are more likely to love the person, not the gender.

Can't for the life of me remember where I saw this...if I find the article I'll link it as it had some really interesting stuff on the subject :) x

• Helpful 1

Aker

9. Relationship Choices/Sexuality/Gender

May date or marry much older or much younger partners, same gender partner, tending not to see the “age”, “gender”, but rather the personality of the person first

May be asexual, having preferences that are deemed as more important than sex or a relationship

May differ from peers in terms of flexibility regarding sexual orientation or may think about or want to change gender. May change gender or experiment with sexuality as a means to find social success or to “fit in”, feel less different

May not have wanted or needed intimate relationships (asexual)

There is a greater flexibility in sexuality and/or gender. May be heterosexual or may be asexual, gay, bi-sexual or transgender.

From here.

It's about female AS

Toran
I'm bisexual :) Have known since I was 15 (23 now)

I read somewhere, not sure if it just refers to females, but AS and being bisexual in quite common because of the way our brain thinks. Something to do with how we perceive people and don't look at people the usual way, so we are more likely to love the person, not the gender.

Can't for the life of me remember where I saw this...if I find the article I'll link it as it had some really interesting stuff on the subject :) x[/quote

If you manage to find the articcal id be interested in reading it if you could let us know Star

ananana

I would say Im bicurious and I have aspergers and I was unlucky enough to be born with bad anxiety, severe depression and ocd. ;;

Toran

I would say Im bicurious and I have aspergers and I was unlucky enough to be born with bad anxiety, severe depression and ocd. ;;

Just a point of interest really has anybody ever pointed out the positive things about having aspergers? There are lots positive things to come from this ok it takes time and I didnt see them for myself for sometime either but life does get better in time . Keep searching its there for you to discover Shae. :-)

Toran

Just a point of interest really has anybody ever pointed out the positive things about having aspergers? There are lots positive things to come from this ok it takes time and I didnt see them for myself for sometime either but life does get better in time . Keep searching its there for you to discover Shae. :-)

Dakohi

I'm straight. Not gay. Not bi. 

I don't feel like I fit in at all with you all.

Is this wrong?

Feels bad man aha

wut

Nesf

I'm straight. Not gay. Not bi. 

I don't feel like I fit in at all with you all.

Is this wrong?

Feels bad man aha

wut

I'm straight too. I once met someone who thought all females on the spectrum were homosexual or bisexual, but it's just not true.

• Helpful 1

Toran

I'm straight too. I once met someone who thought all females on the spectrum were homosexual or bisexual, but it's just not true.

I cant say I know much about this but everyone is human it doesnt matter if someone is gay bi or lesbian everyone are just people living life their own way isnt that great.

• Helpful 1

L Lawliet

Most of my friends will often say to me "I forget you're bi sometimes". I ask them if it's because I'm with a guy now and they always say the same thing:

"No, it's because I don't define you by that. You're just my friend who has an interest in something else"

I'm not going to say that I don't like lables, because at the end of the day, they help other people to understand us and allows us to define ourselves and spread awareness (for example, AS). But I do think it's a shame that a lable is necessary to do this in the first place... 

:) x

Toran

Most of my friends will often say to me "I forget you're bi sometimes". I ask them if it's because I'm with a guy now and they always say the same thing:

"No, it's because I don't define you by that. You're just my friend who has an interest in something else"

I'm not going to say that I don't like lables, because at the end of the day, they help other people to understand us and allows us to define ourselves and spread awareness (for example, AS). But I do think it's a shame that a lable is necessary to do this in the first place... 

:) x

I agree its a shame that we have to be labelled because even with that it doesnt define us as individuals with our own perspectives on life. People will say oh they are AS but that doesnt tell them who we are and the positive aspects of it just that we are in a group of people that most people have preconceptions about if they know what it means at all a lot dont.

I like that when your friends say that your just somebody who has an interest in something else sounds like you have a great group of friends who except and understand you for what you just are as an individual thats a great gift star.

Mike_GX101

I think the purpose of this thread was to identify other people on the spectrum who might differ from the so-called normal s xual orientation which is of course 'straight'.  Straight, down the line, smooth talking STRAIGHT.

Disclosure of ones s xuality is such a difficult step to take and now you can't even fully type s x online without the data hounds coming after you!!  It is such a shame things are going the way they are. 

And increasingly organisations offering services ask you about your religion, marriage status and of course s xuality.  You then feel obliged to disclose whatever that may be.  But really it is none of their business what s xuality a person is.  And yet if you choose to state 'not-stated' then it some how implies you as being of an alternative s xuality.  Quite frankly I think it is unfair and potentially can put people at distinct disadvantages.  You'd think in a culture such as ours there would be no question for s xuality because it really doesn't make any difference, you'd think?!?

Edited by Mike_GX101
  • Helpful 1

Toran

I think the purpose of this thread was to identify other people on the spectrum who might differ from the so-called normal s xual orientation which is of course 'straight'.  Straight, down the line, smooth talking STRAIGHT.

Disclosure of ones s xuality is such a difficult step to take and now you can't even fully type s x online without the data hounds coming after you!!  It is such a shame things are going the way they are. 

And increasingly organisations offering services ask you about your religion, marriage status and of course s xuality.  You then feel obliged to disclose whatever that may be.  But really it is none of their business what s xuality a person is.  And yet if you choose to state 'not-stated' then it some how implies you as being of an alternative s xuality.  Quite frankly I think it is unfair and potentially can put people at distinct disadvantages.  You'd think in a culture such as ours there would be no question for s xuality because it really doesn't make any difference, you'd think?!?

No it shouldnt make any difference what sexuality you are everybody should have the total freedom to do and be what they want to be. Society seems to make up its own rules based on what it percieves to be right without taking into account an individuals right to be who they are and this perception then encourages others to follow it.

If there is a right way its to allow people to be who they want to be within the laws of human decency.

Kuribo [old account]

I consider myself bisexual, but this is known to change after adolescence. I am far more attracted to females than males at the moment, although I would have said the opposite this time last year.

HenryVIII

I'm a human male.   It's as simple as that.

I have reached an age where I don't worry about sexual labels anymore.  It doesn't matter whether someone is heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual or asexual.  Everyone is just human.

Here are my thoughts on sex :-

1.  Every sexual thought is a normal human thought.
2.  Every sexual fantasy is a normal human fantasy.  
3.  Every sexual act (so long as it's legal and safe) is a normal human act regardless of whether you are with a man, woman or by yourself.

4.  If you enjoy sex then do it.
5.  If you don't enjoy sex then don't do it.

6.  AND most importantly take no notice of anyone who tries to impose their thoughts of sex on you (which means take absolutely no notice of me).

• Helpful 6

Shōnen Bat

I'm a human male.   It's as simple as that.

I have reached an age where I don't worry about sexual labels anymore.  It doesn't matter whether someone is heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual or asexual.  Everyone is just human.

Here are my thoughts on sex :-

1.  Every sexual thought is a normal human thought.

2.  Every sexual fantasy is a normal human fantasy.  

3.  Every sexual act (so long as it's legal and safe) is a normal human act regardless of whether you are with a man, woman or by yourself.

4.  If you enjoy sex then do it.

5.  If you don't enjoy sex then don't do it.

6.  AND most importantly take no notice of anyone who tries to impose their thoughts of sex on you (which means take absolutely no notice of me).

These are excellent points...views...whatever these are. It is extremely heartening to see this kind of sensible thinking. A fantasy is just that and even the unpleasant (to those who don't share the preference) are simply part of the wide variation seen in human psychology. The same for thoughts, I may not get a kick out of rape fantasies but it has its adherents and their thoughts and fantasies are nothing to do with me.

I would be slightly less certain about the addition of legality to the list though. Legality is not the arbiter of morality, up until the 60s homosexuality (between men) was illegal but it wasn't wrong.

I don't think it matters what a persons sexual preference is but neither is it a complete irrelevance. Its a facet of a person, as is their favourite food, preferred film genre and so forth. It is not a defining characteristic, its one that is part of the gestalt that makes up each person (though it does seem to get disproportionately focused on).

• Helpful 2

Black Butterfly

I have had the opposite experiance to the original poster. Online, I have found quite a few gay/bi/notstraight aspies, and in real life, im openly bisexual (came out three years ago, omg!) And most aspies I know irl are gay.its probaly because im in the lgbt community, but, I dont think queer aspies are particularly uncommon.

ASDCommunity

I am straight and I do not understand what it would be like to find sexual attraction to someone of the opposite sex, BUT I can only imagine that it would be like feeling attraction to someone of the opposite sex. The same for love and affection and everything else that goes on with that. There is really nothing more I think I need to nut out. It does not affect me in the slightest who is attracted to whom or who is in love with whom. If it is mutual and no one is hurt by it, then it is good. I do not think any one gender or sexual preference ought to have the monopoly on love and happiness. Makes no sense

Toran

I am straight and I do not understand what it would be like to find sexual attraction to someone of the opposite sex, BUT I can only imagine that it would be like feeling attraction to someone of the opposite sex. The same for love and affection and everything else that goes on with that. There is really nothing more I think I need to nut out. It does not affect me in the slightest who is attracted to whom or who is in love with whom. If it is mutual and no one is hurt by it, then it is good. I do not think any one gender or sexual preference ought to have the monopoly on love and happiness. Makes no sense

I agree totally nobody has a greater right to love everybody is equal and whoever you fall in love with is between those concerned. Nobody has the right to judge or be critical of another in their choice of life style and partner.

• Helpful 1

Myrtonos

I am most definitely straight, and I have no particular problem with homosexual people. Now, it's my understanding that women's sexuality tends to be more fluid than that of men.

Toran

I am most definitely straight, and I have no particular problem with homosexual people. Now, it's my understanding that women's sexuality tends to be more fluid than that of men.

Why do you think that is?

aspiesw

I am gay, and aspergers, in my experience it's very rare to find people who are both gay and aspie, but they're out there, somewhere  :huh:

Myrtonos

I also discovered an article called the straight dope on homosexuality. It mentions a lot of facts about the subject. As posters here start reading it, let's talk about it.

Wren

I believe it is wrong deep in my heart but I am not going to bully someone or shun them because they are gay or lesbian. I should be nice to everyone just like I am not going to be weird with someone because they are say Hindu. I still think they are wrong but I can still be friends with them. Gay marriage is what gets me because it is for men and women and if others want to 'marry etc.' then there are other ways to do it than through a religion that doesn't really agree with what they are doing. Who knows?

• Helpful 1