• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
Willow

Report Button

Willow

I'm sure I've said it before, but please, please, please hit the report button on anything which you think needs looking at by a moderator. Finding one thing in a thread is hard enough, but to recognize a member who repeatedly says something offensive is harder because there are so many members and so many threads and it's not as easy to track everything for us, as it might be for one of you to spot something, since there's so many of you to see things. 

Hitting report doesn't do anything automatically, it justs notifies us and we can take a look at it, it's super helpful and it makes dealing with things much more streamlined because we can go right to it, rather than hearing about it in the ranting thread and having to dig for it.

If you don't use the report button, it's not fair to complain that we're not clearing things up or whatever, because if we don't know, and more importantly, if we don't know that you specifically have been offended (when to most people it might not be offensive), then we literally cannot do anything. 

Thanks,

Willow & Chris

• Helpful 10

Sofi

I have never used the report button 

• Helpful 2

L Lawliet

I never wanted to use it in case it was a misunderstanding or I was just feeling sensitive to someone's comment on that particular day.

I always though the report button was for really extreme circumstances?

I think us Aspies find it hard to know who should be reported and who shouldn't. I would hate to get someone into trouble when it's something that could be resolved through a quick comment to clarify.

:)

• Helpful 1

dandelion

I never wanted to use it in case it was a misunderstanding or I was just feeling sensitive to someone's comment on that particular day.

I always though the report button was for really extreme circumstances?

I think us Aspies find it hard to know who should be reported and who shouldn't. I would hate to get someone into trouble when it's something that could be resolved through a quick comment to clarify.

:)

Yeah... I prefer PM the person asking why or something like that...

"report Button" sound scary... to me. 

• Helpful 1

Bruce

It'd presumably be after you'd tried to sort any issue out with the poster! How on earth do you all manage in most socializing, where there's no such help, then?

• Helpful 1

Peridot

It'd presumably be after you'd tried to sort any issue out with the poster! How on earth do you all manage in most socializing, where there's no such help, then?

I just press the report button whenever I see something that's clearly out of order like spamming/advertising or lewdness. That's the kind of thing I see it as being for. :)

I don't get the second question. :unsure:

• Helpful 1

Willow

All that happens when report is pressed is me and Chris get a notification about the post you reported and we can look over it and decide what's going on, and take it from there - either, make a comment in the thread, PM someone or give a warning etc., or just ignore it because it was a misunderstand or something. Please don't be afraid to press it. If something doesn't sit right with you, report it, because the chances of me or Chris seeing everything is very slim, so we might miss it.

• Helpful 2

L Lawliet

All that happens when report is pressed is me and Chris get a notification about the post you reported and we can look over it and decide what's going on, and take it from there - either, make a comment in the thread, PM someone or give a warning etc., or just ignore it because it was a misunderstand or something. Please don't be afraid to press it. If something doesn't sit right with you, report it, because the chances of me or Chris seeing everything is very slim, so we might miss it.

Ok will do :)

Dingo

Yeah... I prefer PM the person asking why or something like that...

"report Button" sound scary... to me. 

If it is a really bad situation or misunderstanding, PM could make it worse.  But that would be in a really bad case.

• Helpful 1

No Longer Here

TBH I hadn't noticed the Report button as it doesn't show as a button and is in faded text that only becomes fully visible when your cursor is over the post itself

Edited by Andy R
  • Helpful 1

dandelion

If it is a really bad situation or misunderstanding, PM could make it worse.  But that would be in a really bad case.

You have a point :D !... but what if what happened would be person feeling sad or unhappy or irritate, maybe you was feeling down and misunderstand and when you ask in PM, things can be more easy for both and you can have a new friend :D  .. hehe

The worst thing that can happen is the person be really mad with it, then you block the person and you keep with your life!

But its ME and I'm weird, so.... this only goes for me..  :D

• Helpful 2

Dingo

You have a point :D !... but what if what happened would be person feeling sad or unhappy or irritate, maybe you was feeling down and misunderstand and when you ask in PM, things can be more easy for both and you can have a new friend :D  .. hehe

The worst thing that can happen is the person be really mad with it, then you block the person and you keep with your life!

But its ME and I'm weird, so.... this only goes for me..  :D

You're right.  Most times it probably is something that could be resolved like that.

You are weird, but I like you that way  :)

• Helpful 2