• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
Willow

Some Things To Think About

Echo

I'm not going anywhere! I still have a "last to post here wins" thread to win :P

• Helpful 8

not around here anymore

I'm not going anywhere! I still have a "last to post here wins" thread to win :P

That thread is mine :P

• Helpful 4

Echo

Only if you decide to stay :P lol

• Helpful 3

not around here anymore

Only if you decide to stay :P lol

It is my primary reason for staying ;)

Only kidding, but it's in my top five :P

• Helpful 3

L Lawliet

I don't know...Echo's dedication to that thread is scary! :D

• Helpful 2

not around here anymore

I don't know...Echo's dedication to that thread is scary! :D

My dedication to that thread is scary, determined AND undimming :P

• Helpful 1

Nesf

I'm biding my time with that thread, waiting for everyone else to get bored of it so that I can finally be the last person to post :P

• Helpful 5

L Lawliet

I'm biding my time with that thread, waiting for everyone else to get bored of it so that I can finally be the last person to post :P

Damn that's been my plan too!

:P

• Helpful 4

(deleted)

Try that with the "Last one to post here wins!" thread...
  • Helpful 2

Nesf

Try that with the "Last one to post here wins!" thread...

I already did... and it didn't work.

• Helpful 4

Echo

See peeps, this is the way to turn a negative into a positive :) See you in other threads x

Edited by Echo
  • Helpful 6

Ben

that took a while to type. 

You completely wasted your time and mine. *Half joking* 

The problem. The number ONE problem, is that some of you never know when to back off. You spend far too much time on the internet, to the point that you live through it and for it. That's why you can't let things (that are laughably trivial) go.

There seems to be a relentless guest for justice. Why? Just click on the next thread, reply to it, and move on. End of problem. If that fails, just go out. Anywhere. Catch a glimpse of how much is going on outside. It'll make your disagreement on the internet look ridiculous. (Which it is, however you slice it.)

Then, who knows? You might even have an urge to take a proactive approach towards some of those dreams you're always talking about on here, but are never acting on... 

But anyway, Alex could call me a stupid c*nt right now. Okay, fine, why should what he say dictate my internal condition? He can only upset me if I give him permission. And if that's all it took to upset me, then what DOES that say about me? Weak? Beta? Sensitive? Yup... And three traits that are guaranteed to lead to a life of disappointment. 

Sorry to play the 'life coach' but you all need to really think about this. The problem isn't the forum itself, or Willow. The problem is you guys never giving up on these disputes. 

Anna, Phil, this isn't the first time I've posted something similar to this is it? Listen this time if you hope to carry on and actually enjoy yourselves here. Otherwise it'll be constantly miserable. 

I hate to be the one who's sounding serious, but this is all on us. We need to BE the change we want to see. 

Edited by Ben
  • Helpful 7

RiRi

The problem. The number ONE problem, is that some of you never know when to back off. You spend far too much time on the internet, to the point that you live through it and for it. That's why you can't let things (that are laughably trivial) go.

There seems to be a relentless guest for justice. Why? Just click on the next thread, reply to it, and move on. End of problem. If that fails, just go out. Anywhere. Catch a glimpse of how much is going on outside. It'll make your disagreement on the internet look ridiculous. (Which it is, however you slice it.)

Then, who knows? You might even have an urge to take a proactive approach towards some of those dreams you're always talking about on here, but are never acting on... 

But anyway, Alex could call me a stupid c*nt right now. Okay, fine, why should what he say dictate my internal condition? He can only upset me if I give him permission. And if that's all it took to upset me, then what DOES that say about me? Weak? Beta? Sensitive? Yup... And three traits that are guaranteed to lead to a life of disappointment. 

Sorry to play the 'life coach' but you all need to really think about this. The problem isn't the forum itself, or Willow. The problem is you guys never giving up on these disputes. 

Anna, Phil, this isn't the first time I've posted something similar to this is it? Listen this time if you hope to carry on and actually enjoy yourselves here. Otherwise it'll be constantly miserable. 

I hate to be the one who's sounding serious, but this is all on us. We need to BE the change we want to see.

*like* If I had any more likes for the day, I would like your post. I appreciate your words more than I can express by writing.

Alex

Classic Ben comment! Hahah! Man, I love you sometimes...

*Erhm* But yeah, well said.

• Helpful 1

Ben

By the way, I meant "quest" not "guest". 

That's what happens when you go to work before four every morning... -_- 

• Helpful 1

Dingo

Classic Ben comment! Hahah! Man, I love you sometimes...

*Erhm* But yeah, well said.

54986783.jpg

• Helpful 3

Myrtonos

Another thing to think about is this; You don't get to tell others here, especially Willow how to talk about their own brain structures, about their own lives and who they are. They choose for example, whether they say "aspie". But there is another forum where "aspie" might be preferred over "person with asperger's syndrome", it's part of that site name, see here. But here it's not part of the name, so you don't get to tell others how to talk about it, they choose that.

• Helpful 1

Kuribo [old account]
6 hours ago, Myrtonos said:

Another thing to think about is this; You don't get to tell others here, especially Willow how to talk about their own brain structures, about their own lives and who they are. They choose for example, whether they say "aspie".

When has this happened on Asperclick?

• Helpful 1

not around here anymore
4 hours ago, Kuribo said:

When has this happened on Asperclick?

Never.

Myrtonos

I know, but still, it seems important.

Nesf
22 hours ago, Myrtonos said:

Another thing to think about is this; You don't get to tell others here, especially Willow how to talk about their own brain structures, about their own lives and who they are. They choose for example, whether they say "aspie". But there is another forum where "aspie" might be preferred over "person with asperger's syndrome", it's part of that site name, see here. But here it's not part of the name, so you don't get to tell others how to talk about it, they choose that.

Who are you addressing this to?

Myrtonos

No one in particular. I wrote this because some think that the word aspie is offensive.

Edited by Myrtonos
fixing a typo
  • Helpful 1

Nesf
45 minutes ago, Myrtonos said:

No one in particular. I wrote this because some think that the word aspie is offensive.

Perhaps you should make a separate thread to discuss it. It's a bit confusing that it is in this thread.

I don't think that the word "aspie" is offensive. I use it myself.

• Helpful 1

Myrtonos

I did, but on another forum, and I linked to it above.

tystie

There are sections on this forum called, "Ask an Aspie" and "Aspie related".