• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
rainbow

free website builders

rainbow

Hey guys

is  anyone on here know about any good website builders that are free on the internet?

Butterfly88

Wordpress is good and has a free option, though it's is more like a 1/2 blog and 1/2 website builder.

• Helpful 1

aspieguy

Don't use those "build a free website" services - you won't be able to customise much of your site and the resulting website is usually very slow to display.

I'm going to second WordPress.com, because it's versatile enough that you can build either a traditional website or a blog, and there is a wide range of themes available and if you pay a (relatively low) monthly fee you can customise the theme completely and install extra plugins to get a forum or an online shop (for example).

• Helpful 1

Little Guy

ditto on WordPress

HP_Wuvcraft
On 6/13/2016 at 1:17 PM, aspieguy said:

Don't use those "build a free website" services - you won't be able to customise much of your site and the resulting website is usually very slow to display.

Eh, it honestly depends on what you want the site to be.

aspieguy
1 hour ago, HP_Wuvcraft said:

Eh, it honestly depends on what you want the site to be.

You still won't be able to customise much and your site will still be slow. So unless you want a very slow website that looks like all the other websites made with the same service, it doesn't matter what you want the site to be.

Andyrighthere

I find this source very helpful Free Web Builders, perhaps it will help you. Also, I would like to recommend looking closely at Wix, as it's my personal favorite. Very easy to operate, beautiful templates (I prefer the minimalistic ones), and free package available. So, check it out, and best of luck to you.

Melanie222

I chose a free website builder from http://www.webbuildersguide.com/free-website-builders/ for my site creation. This is a great review where you can see all pros and cons of the most popular website builders. Personally I used Weebly as it allows to create two sites on one account and provides me with a mobile optimized version of my website. I hope it helps!