• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Differentisn'tbad

Meeting expectations

Differentisn'tbad

Now that I have been made aware of my Aspergers  (never knew the label til I watched Parenthood and I clicked with Max, the teen with Aspergers) and I totally identify with the being seen as a social outcast. I don't make eye contact nor initiate conversations and I isolate myself from society. I was also born with autism and never received any kind of treatment, no therapy nor medication. After 40 years of intense traumatic experiences, I was officially diagnosed with PTSD and SAD. My concern now is that  I don't know what I should be expecting of myself as far as improving my behaviors and what not. I don't have access to Healthcare because I'm all by myself in this. No insurance and ssdi denied me. I'm at my wits end about all of this. Any suggestions or words of wisdom would be immensely appreciated, thanks.

Gone home
15 hours ago, Differentisn'tbad said:

I don't know what I should be expecting of myself as far as improving my behaviors and what not

I would not expect any more than do no harm and to be your true self.

Improve what you wish, leave what you don't,  get inspiration where you can etc. The most important has to be being at peace with yourself and appreciate lifes simple pleasures in a way only you can.

Harrow

I don't think you have to improve or change your behavior now just because your diagnosed. I think maybe you next step now is just to learn to accept yourself for yourself :)