• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
Sign in to follow this  
Harrow

Relationship advice

Harrow

I need some advice. 

There's this girl who I've know for a fairly long time now and I really do care about her. But like a sister we talk a lot and we text a lot but for me that's it. She's someone I care about deeply but I don't want a relationship further then that. 

Well this morning she asked me if I thought about her more then that and told me she's really going miss me when I go to Dubai. 

I panicked and not known what to say I told her I'm out and my battery was going die and asked if we could talk tonight. We'll now it's tonight and I don't know what to say? 

Or am I thinking to far into this, I just don't know? 

• Helpful 1

Eliza

Be honest with her in a kindly way. :)

• Helpful 3

Harrow

Thank you @Eliza I'm going to, I just feel like tonight I won't be able to give her my full intention and I want to be as nice and kind as she deserves when I speak to her. So I'm going wait until morning then phone her. I just hate situations like this because I always feel like a disappointment. But she is special to me, so I'll do do my best.

• Helpful 2

Eliza
5 minutes ago, Harrow said:

But she is special to me, so I'll do do my best.

Tell her that! Something like, "I value your friendship, you're special to me, but I don't want a romantic relationship right now."

Even if you kind'a sort'a want a relationship when you move/visit Dubai, she doesn't need to know that information. It might hurt her to think about that possibility. So, it's not a lie, it's a 'massaging of the truth'. :D

• Helpful 2

blacktiger911

being honest is the best action to take, if you guys really care for eachother a long distance relationship is possible.

• Helpful 2

Harrow

Everyone thank you for the advice :)it means a lot to me