• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
RiRi

Wanna Date Me? ;)

RiRi

Hey guys, 

A member told me about this really cool thread on another forum where single people post a description of themselves so that other people can see and maybe, that way, they can get to know each other and see where it goes. Following, I will create an example of what your initial post on this thread could look like. I skimmed through the thread on that forum and got what an idea of what I thought would be a good example, using my information. Of course, it doesn't have to be exactly how I wrote it, just trying to give some of you an idea, I know it can be hard sometimes explaining ourselves or knowing what to write. I hope that knowing that everyone on this forum is friendly, can help alleviate some anxiety some of us may get about posting on this thread. You could just try it out for fun too and see what happens. :)

Interests: Soap operas, art, crafts, psychology, most music, preferably soft music, pop music

Personality: Caring, friendly, serious, honest

Employment: Unemployed

Appearance: Brown eyes, black hair, 5'2" (1.59m), 170lbs (12 stone)

Looking for: A nice guy, ages about 21-35

Online dating: Yes

You could do it like this, even include a picture, or just provide a brief description, whatever feels right for you. Obviously, for those of you who know me better know other personality traits, but I tried to include the more positive ones. I had included more negative ones, but it didn't seem right and I tried keeping it positive. I left out some information, but it's just for sample purposes. 

This thread, I hope, will make it easier for those of you who are looking to find a significant other, boyfriend, girlfriend, etc. :) Good luck to everyone and I really hope some couples come out of here. :) 

Edited by Makelets
  • Helpful 7

Ben

Be careful what you ask for... Brown eyed, black haired American girls in their mid twenties are my fodder. And I'm hungry. 

Yes, you should be worried. I don't leave a scrap. 

• Helpful 2

nichii

I'm not looking for a relationship, but if I was I would be interested in dating you, Makelets. I like your personality and I think it's cool that you like psychology. I'll add a profile for myself for fun. I think this thread is interesting. Even though I'm not looking to date, I would be happy to become friends with anyone who is interested.

Interests: anime, music, psychology, linux, herbal medicine, nootropics, alternative medicine
Personality: Kind, caring, devoted, mysterious, friendly
Appearance: Brown eyes, black hair, 5"6, about 108 lbs
Looking for: Someone with similar interests who likes discussing interesting topics
Online dating: Yes

• Helpful 1

Harrow

I'm not really interested in dating online but then again two of the best people I've ever meet have been online and I dated one during high-school and it was special. So I may be persuaded to do it again:)

Interests: Movies, Reading, Comic Books, Video Games, Arts and Crafts, Phycology, History, Science, Traveling and many many others... 

Personality: Humorous, Loyal, Kind, Polite, Caring

Employment : Employeed

Appearance : Green eyes, blond hair with a bit of red, 6'1", 58kgs

Looking for: A sweet, caring girl

Online Dating : Possibly (as long as we're friends first) 

• Helpful 1

Luke

Interests: Physics and computers.

Games: Dishonored, Prototype, Portal 2, Borderlands 2, Hitman Absolution, Need for Speed Most Wanted, Gears of War 3, Bloons TD5, Crash Bandicoot 3, Tekken 3, Spyro the Dragon, Pokemon (1st and 2nd gen), Yu-Gi-Oh Duelists of Roses.

TV: The IT Crowd, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Gotham, Prison Break, Family Guy, American Dad, Rick and Morty, Bob's Burgers.

Anime: Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Attack on Titan, Death Note, Code Geass. Feel free to send me recommendations, I like anything that's fast-paced and psychological :)

Films:  I have watched too many films, here are some of my favourites:The Prestige, Star Wars (all of the originals), Collateral, Heat, Se7en, Fight Club, L.A Confidential, The Shawshank Redemption, The Minority Report, The Dark Knight, The Pianist, Schindler's List, The Matrix, Terminator 1 and 2, Leon The Professional, A Clockwork Orange, Paths of Glory, Gladiator.

Employment: Unemployed.

Appearance: Brown hair, brown eyes, 184 cm, 93 kg.

Looking for: A nice girl who wants to chill, watch good films and eat pizza :) 

Online dating: Yes.

Edited by Luke
  • Helpful 1

RiRi

@nichii Thank you for liking my personality. I appreciate your comment. :) (I'm kind of wondering what about my personality you liked, but maybe you were referring to the profile I posted)? If I were single, I'd be interested in dating you too, and some others on here. It really surprises me how many nice people on here aren't dating/don't have girlfriend/boyfriend. I hope no one's offended by what I wrote, just a compliment. I feel like a lot of us here have a similar personality due to the syndrome, to some extent.

@Ben I guess I now know you have a type (brown eyed, black haired girls). :lol: 

Nice that there's more posts on this thread. I was beginning to worry no one would write anything. :lol: 

• Helpful 3

Harrow

It's a nice idea @Makelets. And I concor the people here are generally nice:)

• Helpful 1

RiRi

@Harrow I thought it was cool too. Sometimes I really convince myself that your thoughts attract stuff, that you attract to yourself whatever you think because I've been interested in matching up people here. ? and then suddenly someone comes up with this. Pretty cool. ? lol :lol: 

• Helpful 1

Harrow
20 minutes ago, Makelets said:

@Harrow I thought it was cool too. Sometimes I really convince myself that your thoughts attract stuff, that you attract to yourself whatever you think because I've been interested in matching up people here. ? and then suddenly someone comes up with this. Pretty cool. ? lol :lol: 

Sorry @MakeletsI don't fully understand what you mean. Unless you mean your thoughts. In which case I agree:)

RiRi
10 minutes ago, Harrow said:

Sorry @MakeletsI don't fully understand what you mean. Unless you mean your thoughts. In which case I agree:)

What didn't you understand? I didn't mean it literally about you, just some people in general. I see. Why do you agree?

If you're saying that you thought I was saying you personally, then no. It's just a way of saying it. I thought about using the pronoun "one" so it'd be

I thought it was cool too. Sometimes I really convince myself that one's thoughts attract stuff, that one attracts to yourself whatever one thinks because I've been interested in matching up people here. ? and then suddenly someone comes up with this. Pretty cool. ? lol :lol:

I'll never get it right though because some people prefer it when it's said "you" than "one" as "one" can be too formal for some. :rolleyes: My English isn't perfect, but it's pretty darn good. :P (yeah, I was bragging). ?

Edited by Makelets
  • Helpful 1

Harrow

Lol no,  I wasn't sure if you meant all the preople here,  example their thought will attract them to others or your thoughts about this lead you to do this thread:)

But in anycase your English is perfect:)

• Helpful 1

RiRi

Ohh....I see. No. I just thinking about the law of attraction that you attract to yourself whatever you're thinking. 

I was just thinking that me thinking about matching up couples might have lead to this thread being created, not sure if that's what you meant. :) 

• Helpful 1

Dont fit in on here
On 11/10/2016 at 0:23 PM, Harrow said:

I'm not really interested in dating online but then again two of the best people I've ever meet have been online and I dated one during high-school and it was special. So I may be persuaded to do it again:)

Interests: Movies, Reading, Comic Books, Video Games, Arts and Crafts, Phycology, History, Science, Traveling and many many others... 

Personality: Humorous, Loyal, Kind, Polite, Caring

Employment : Employeed

Appearance : Green eyes, blond hair with a bit of red, 6'1", 58kgs

Looking for: A sweet, caring girl

Online Dating : Possibly (as long as we're friends first) 

Now your taken :P :)

• Helpful 2

sarahjanesoprano

Interests: Movies, TV, reading, taking my little dog for a walk (he's friendly once he gets to know you), singing

Personality: Kind, big-hearted

Appearance: Reddish brown hair, blue eyes, big

Looking for: A man who can make me

laugh. 

Online dating: Maybe

• Helpful 1

Harrow
On 12/22/2016 at 6:16 PM, DebzMata08 said:

Now your taken :P :)

It's because your sweet:wub:

• Helpful 3

Wotan

Interests: Action movies, scifi, comics, video games(mainly old school FPS), 80s retro, grunge music, heavy metal music, history, "paranormal"(other dimensions, UFOS, Astral Projection), some anime, Doctor Who

Personality: Nice, genuine, doesn't like lying, romantic, caring

Employment: Student

Appearance: About 6'(1.82cm) 238lb(108kg) Muscular with a small gut(working on getting lean now), shaved head with a beard

Looking for: A nice caring woman that is of the same sex drive level as me. One whom doesn't mind my political views, or shares those same views. A women whom I have things in common with a similar interests. 

Online dating: Maybe depending on location

blacktiger911

Intrest: anime, music. Manga, cars, airsoft,videogames

Personality: I'm kinda an asshole an am alpha male like but once ya get to know me I lighten up.

Employment: driver FedEx ground

Apperence: white male 6 ft blue eye 180lbs skinny as f*ck

Looking for: someone with similar interests and traits and is not a political Nazi (I agree with Trump on a lot of stuff but politics don't run a relationship) and someone who can put up with my "emotions

online dating: situation dependent

Not really thinking this will do anything but here ya go. Who want to date this asshole?!

Alice

Interests:  Art, psychology, indie films, veganism, design, reading

Films: Safety Not Guaranteed, Your name, Simple simon, Boyhood, Man Up, Submarine, Obvious Child, Lola versus,  Reality Bites, Ghost world, The Quiet, The red turtle, The station agent, The artist, The green mile, Mtrix trilogy, millenium trilogy, LOTR trilogy, Amelie, labyrinth, Tipping the velvet, goonies, benny and joon, v for vendetta...

TV:  Skam, Stranger things, This is us, Friends, Death parade, Orphan Black, Black mirror, Doctor who (pre-capaldi), Girls, Red dwarf

Personality: INFJ (Introverted, intuitive, feeling, judgement). Extremely introverted. A little incidentally spiritual. Creative, kind, honest to a fault. Silent whenever uncomfortable (a lot). Sensitive, reserved, a bit harsh. Intelligent.

Appearance: Green eyes, short, currently shaved head

Looking for: Female. ~28-35. Honest, kind, stands by their values. Mature. 

Online dating: I dont really know. I dont even know if I want to date, But I like filling out these things, and if the right person came along I wouldnt be opposed. Regardless, its always good to have friends.

Edited by Alice
Add age range in 'looking for'
  • Helpful 1

sarahjanesoprano

@Alice Happy birthday for next week

• Helpful 1

Catman2016

Interests: Video games, anime, manga, dream art, and drawing

Personality: Friendly, funny, and creative

Employment: Not right now

Appearance: Blue eyes with brown hair

Looking for: A Japanese autistic woman with green eyes, and has black hair. That also wears red lipstick as well.

Online dating: Maybe

Edited by Catman2016

Catman2016

I also forget for interests: computers. 

Catman2016

@Makelets This is an interesting thread. I am also wondering if I did my post right?

RiRi

@Catman2016 There is no right or wrong way to do it. I took a look at your post and it looks good to me. :) Hope that helps! :)

I do have an opinion that I think will help you with, but it might be negatively perceived by others and I'm just too damn mentally drained to be dealing with any more negativity in my life. (Sorry if it sounds negative, I'm just really tired of it). 

I wish you good luck and I hope you can find a nice girl to be your girlfriend. :) 

• Helpful 1

Alice
On 6/11/2017 at 10:08 AM, sarahjanesoprano said:

@Alice Happy birthday for next week

Thanks 

• Helpful 1