• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2takuya

Diagnostic

2takuya

I have officially gotten my diagnostic papers as of today! I'm not really sure what to do from here on out, it feels like I've got a large battle ahead of me. My psychologist thinks that I should try to get social security disability, so I will have to figure out how to go through that process. It just seems like now that I've gotten over one hurdle a bunch more have suddenly shown up. I suppose I'll find a way to push through it.

blacktiger911

dont let this stop you from what you want to do. this is just a peice of paper saying you different from other people. you can still do what you want. what hurtles do you have to over come?

Eliza

Congratulations on getting an official diagnosis!

If you are able to, take a day or two to let it soak in, and to recharge yourself. In the past, I spent a year on what I called a part-time job, fixing the things in my life that I could. I had a two-page list that included everything from 'get my teeth fixed' to 'find a social worker to help me fill out papers'. (She was able to push past obstacles I could have never done on my own) I accomplished 98% of those things on my list, and it eliminated so much stress from my life.It felt like a lot of work at the time, but it was so worth the effort. :)

RiRi

Congratulations on getting assessed and diagnosed. :)