• Announcements

• Willow

New Design   07/24/17

I hope everyone likes the new style logo and the few changes that I have made. I'm still slowly sorting through a few things behind the scenes, but for the most part, I'm happy with the new look and feel of Asperclick!
mathmonk

Scientific books/articles on Asperger's syndrome

5 posts in this topic

I was diagnosed with Asperger's earlier this year. I have read Tony Atwood's "The Complete Guide to Asperger's Syndrome" and would like to read more such books discussing the present understanding of Asperger's Syndrome (or Autism Spectrum disorder in general). Please let me know (share links) about similar scientifically oriented books or articles which you believe are worth reading.

PS: I am not interested in reading biographies or autobiographies about aspies at this moment.

Simon Baron-Cohen has done a lot of scientific research on autism and his books may be worth checking out.

6 hours ago, Sanctuary said:

Simon Baron-Cohen has done a lot of scientific research on autism and his books may be worth checking out.

Thanks! I will start with his book "Autism and Asperger Syndrome (The Facts)".

I just got

" In a different Key" by John Donvan and Caren Zucker

"NeuroTribes" by Steve Silberman

my sister found

"Autism and the God Connection" by William Stillman

I read some others, but forgot the titles. one is yellow with a red train,

Another one was by a guy in the next town over (Problem child I think it was called Daniel something like blonder) that was a more negative book.  He died when he was like 32 and I was 31, yikes!

anyway, I was like that when I first was diagnosed, wanted to read every book watch every movie/documentary

3 hours ago, StormCrow said:

I just got

" In a different Key" by John Donvan and Caren Zucker

"NeuroTribes" by Steve Silberman

my sister found

"Autism and the God Connection" by William Stillman

I read some others, but forgot the titles. one is yellow with a red train,

Another one was by a guy in the next town over (Problem child I think it was called Daniel something like blonder) that was a more negative book.  He died when he was like 32 and I was 31, yikes!

anyway, I was like that when I first was diagnosed, wanted to read every book watch every movie/documentary

Thanks! I am halfway reading NeuroTribes.