• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
Sign in to follow this  
weebo

ACCESS TO WORK

weebo

has any one here had or been awarded the access to work fund and if so how was the process and what help funding you got 

HalfFull

Yes. They rung me up and asked lots of questions over the phone, and they also wanted to speak to my manager. It seems that the DWP like phone contact nowadays but I'd like to think that they would agree to another way if someone has bad phone anxiety. A lady came and asked similar questions. I was asked what help I wanted and why. I said I wanted coaching, and I was funded with 15 coaching sessions, an awareness session for my colleagues, and a half day co-coaching for me and my manager to solve something we both felt improve was needed in, but they will give whatever support they feel is realistic for the employee in question. All of it was worth it. I admit I am currently having problems at work, but I hope to draw on what I learnt in the sessions in order to keep my job. If I don't manage to keep my job, it won't be that the coaching wasn't good enough, as it was, but I happen to have a somewhat demanding job.

weebo
7 minutes ago, HalfFull said:

Yes. They rung me up and asked lots of questions over the phone, and they also wanted to speak to my manager. It seems that the DWP like phone contact nowadays but I'd like to think that they would agree to another way if someone has bad phone anxiety. A lady came and asked similar questions. I was asked what help I wanted and why. I said I wanted coaching, and I was funded with 15 coaching sessions, an awareness session for my colleagues, and a half day co-coaching for me and my manager to solve something we both felt improve was needed in, but they will give whatever support they feel is realistic for the employee in question. All of it was worth it. I admit I am currently having problems at work, but I hope to draw on what I learnt in the sessions in order to keep my job. If I don't manage to keep my job, it won't be that the coaching wasn't good enough, as it was, but I happen to have a somewhat demanding job.

thats great i would like my managers to go on a corse to help them better understand me  not sure what training they can give me to cope with changes and stuff like that, i also was hoping i can get osme kind of funds to get a wieghted vest and hoodie to help keep me carlm to

HalfFull

The Coaching would be good for coping with the changes, as it makes you think in a different way. My coach came up of lots of innovative solutions, eg, breathing techniques, and ways to empty the stress out of your mind at 20 minute intervals. One technique is looking 20 metres away for 20 seconds, once every 20 minutes - approximately, its not an exact science, but it frees your mind.