• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
StormCrow

Mountain Man Syndrome

StormCrow

Well I feel like moving to a mountain with no people around again. I haven't had the urge to run away and live in the woods in a while, but this last month sucked (actually all 2017). I won't start listing the sh*t that's been driving me crazy, since I decided a while ago to focus on the positive stuff in life. People are idiots and I'd rather spend time with the animals now.

Don't know what else to say. Felt like telling everyone here.

http://17rg073sukbm1lmjk9jrehb643.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/hermit2.jpg

• Helpful 7

Pinky and his brain
1 hour ago, StormCrow said:

Well I feel like moving to a mountain with no people around again. I haven't had the urge to run away and live in the woods in a while, but this last month sucked (actually all 2017). I won't start listing the sh*t that's been driving me crazy, since I decided a while ago to focus on the positive stuff in life. People are idiots and I'd rather spend time with the animals now.

Don't know what else to say. Felt like telling everyone here.

http://17rg073sukbm1lmjk9jrehb643.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/hermit2.jpg

You're not alone. I have had the same feeling/wish for several years.

I my case going to the woods isn't enough, I want to leave the planet. This world is overcrowded, there's noise and annoying people everywhere. It's just too stressful, and there's not many good things left. No matter what, I don't feel like there's anywhere left on this planet, where life is good. Evil greedy and power hungry people, destroy the world bit by bit. And I feel it's only going to get worse.

• Helpful 3

aspieguy

I understand completely how you feel. Only problem is, my special interest is computers. It's difficult getting power in the woods never mind a decent internet connection, plus I'd still be dependent on people to provide hardware and software, and people are such idiots when it comes to hardware and software development as much as they're idiots in every other way.

Eliza

This is the dream!

• Helpful 2

Peridot

If everyone who felt like moving to the woods actually did, the woods would be pretty crowded. It'd be like this little village filled with cool people out there in the forest. Like the smurfs? lol

Sorry you feel this way. Hope it gets better.

Edited by Peridot
  • Helpful 2

aspieguy
23 minutes ago, Peridot said:

It'd be like this little village filled with cool people out there in the forest.

That's the other place I sometimes wish I could move to: a town, or a city, or maybe even a whole country, just with aspies. We wouldn't have to follow stupid rules for interaction and our needs would be understood. For example if someone couldn't go into work on a particular day, they could stay home, no questions asked. If someone finds a place too noisy and walks out having a big meltdown in public, that wouldn't be frowned upon. Maybe we wouldn't even *have* noisy places in public!

I still think I'd rather be on my own though. Even though aspies are better than other people, they're still people and often I just want to be on my own, without other people making noise, moving around, doing stuff, and so on.

Dr-David-Banner

I've been very concerned for some time about winding up homeless. Although I don't suffer serious depression I am very disconnected and isolated from people. My family doesn't accept me either so I only have my dog. What really tends to hurt is pretty much most people are kind of scared of me or thrown off balance. Holding down a job proved to be impossible as (no1) I stand out and (no2) I may get more disconnected mood swings or mild paranoia. As a last resort I've been renovating an abandoned boat (over some years). It's only 24 feet but now has onboard electric. If I just have a few books, my dvd player and projects I guess it beats relying on rent. For heating I was going to either fit a wood burner or just one of those French flu paraffin stoves (plus an electric blower). As it's small I will have to store stuff elsewhere. I feel I need to use what I have to take care of myself and the dog. I got fed up relying on employers to offer stability.

• Helpful 1

DavidTheWitch

I wanna just live on my own right now!