• Announcements

• Willow

Hello!   03/17/16

Welcome to Asperclick! I'm Willow, the founder and moderator. Have a browse around the site and sign up to talk with our members. I hope you find the site useful
DavidTheWitch

Tell me do is it me or the NT?

3 posts in this topic

Today I simply wanted a second glass of milk for breakfast and they acted like I was trying to burn down the house. Then I was trying to find my coffee and instead of helping me they sat there and told me, "There is no damn coffee!" a hundred times when I just bought some this Monday?

Help!

Those aren't unreasonable, for an aspie. And that's the part that the NTs miss.

Most NTs would think it's unreasonable to want a second glass of milk. But it's not unreasonable for you to want that, and as long as there's no real problem with it (cost, length of time taken to consume the milk, availability of milk, etc.) then they shouldn't turn your request down. There is definitely no place for them to react the way that you say they did, if there's a reason why they won't let you have a second glass they should simply explain what that reason is in a calm manner.

I don't quite understand what you're saying about the coffee incident, but it's not unusual for aspies to forget things like that which NTs remember - again, NTs don't always realise this.

3 people like this

12 hours ago, DavidTheWitch said:

Today I simply wanted a second glass of milk for breakfast and they acted like I was trying to burn down the house. Then I was trying to find my coffee and instead of helping me they sat there and told me, "There is no damn coffee!" a hundred times when I just bought some this Monday?

Help!

Thats not good - rationed milk - What do you think happened to the coffee?