• Announcements

• Willow

Hello!   03/17/16

Welcome to Asperclick! I'm Willow, the founder and moderator. Have a browse around the site and sign up to talk with our members. I hope you find the site useful
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MrGrey

I love my job... but this new boss

11 posts in this topic

He sends me to a training, on a building that's 45 minutes away, from 8am to 10am.  I return to my office, after the training, at 10:45am.  He writes me up for being 45 minutes late?  The training was 30 miles away!  I don't have a company helicopter!  

This is the kind of thing that one can go to HR and fight.  But then again, he's been there 30 years and has been doing this things to a lot of people.  So I have to pick my fights, suck it up and just try to survive the tide until a new job opportunity comes along.  

It just sucks because I have a really low tolerance for injustice (as most aspies I suppose?).  It's hard for me to let go when I know I didn't do nothing wrong.  But I'm also old enough to know that the world is not a fair place and sometimes it is better to just let it go.

We have Unions in the UK for stuff like this.. Helped me in the past but bottom line is I can never work for anyone with less brain capacity than myself. He sounds Thick as Shite to me. I Probably would've verbalised him made him feel very small and stupid and then told him to stick it up his Ass! 

You did good though - far better than I could've :) 

Well done! 

Posted (edited)

Though deep on the sticky stuff at the moment, (company email disabled contrary to Equalities act 2010, suspended for whistleblowing, told (off record) I wont't be coming back) I just used to shoot of a brief factual email so facts were on record.

I have found HR to be the 'rent a thugs' of todays corporations. Corrupt as hell, zero conscience, complete liars and will do anything to protect the corporation. Same goes for a chief exec over 4000 staff I have in mind.

At the very least I'd keep the evidence of course attendance etc. filed somewhere private. Challenging idiots or corrupt managers is a bit of a non starter / tricky ... its caused me tremendous life damaging problems and the only solution I have found is stay away from people with power issues ... not easy ...

When a manager is doing wrong, there is always someone above them supporting them to do wrong .... the chain goes all the way up, which is the problem.

Edited by Going home

All filters down from the top.. 

5 minutes ago, ....... said:

All filters down from the top.. 

I've gone up to trustees and patron.

The chief exec won't respond to his complaints 'hotline'

The corrupt HR director has told me if I repeat what he has said, he will deny it.

In the manner of an over excited 17 yr old sports commentator on a lads night out - he even told me (incorrectly) I was going to take them to court and was enthusiastically saying 'bring it on' (twice) at me on the phone. Complete utter sociopathic control freak dick of a person.

This is a major disability charity entrusted with well over 2000 vulnerable peoples care.

Old fashioned honesty and good conscience seems pretty rare these days.

Posted (edited)

Its rare simply because most, if not almost all, have been tricked into thinking that they are a sepparate being, apart from the world in a bag of skin. He is under a spell that he is reinforcing on his self. He will be as freightened as he was when he was a small boy, if not more. 

If Im a customer of a company and i get bad service - same thing applies. I go to the Very top. An aspie can find things out that others wouldn't even consider. So - its easy to get the direct phone number of the head of council tax in Oxfordshire!

When I got sick of the way they worded their letters - in a threatening manner towards their Customers - I decided enough was enough. No longer was i gonna give them £150 a month just to get treated like a criminal. A Direct 'Talking To' the head Girl over the phone did the trick. Had to talk down to her VERY SERIOUSLY though which made me feel like crap for the next few months :(    But - now they ask for money in a polite manner. 

Edited by .......

Posted (edited)

I remember looking deeply into the eyes of a local Magistrate and she had it too - a little scared to death, girl, inside what she thinks is her own body. She was very small and had to try extra hard to intimidate me - I could feel her pain as I looked into her soul, almost wanted to help her  as she almost looked like a scared rabbit in headlights. Maybe she knew She was in the wrong and I was let down by her and her society and in the bigger scheme of things - she was the bully just like the whole system that has tricked her into a feeble existence of worry and fear as I stand there surrounded by my own 'field of heaven'...

Edited by .......

I reckon people in such positions are the weakest of all and are only supported by consumerism.. Give us an end of the world situation (Which is likely just around the corner) and such folk will be the first to get eaten, death from shock, heart attack, etc etc.. I know for sure they'll panic. 

'Yes people' may think they go far, but have no souls. Hollow vehicles of the corporation.

I have asked a manager for their 'personal' opinion of what is happening. They don't have one! Just follows / worships 'policy', which is an inadequate work of juvenile fiction.

I find it hard to deal with people who do not appear or act real. I certainly can't respect their viewpoint if they they don't have one, or are professing fake views.

Real people have their own opinions and don't blindly adopt fictional suggestions. Their loss.

@....... You are very right in implying we do not behave as expected under threat and we certainly do follow behavioural paths of our own personal logic.

8 hours ago, MrGrey said:

one can go to HR and fight.  But then again, he's been there 30 years and has been doing this things to a lot of people.  So I have to pick my fights, suck it up and just try to survive the tide until a new job opportunity comes along

I wish you well with that. You seem experienced enough to have decided on the optimum way of dealing with it for minimal damage.

You need to remind him that you were on training that he sent you on, and that you told him when and where it was and that he agreed to the arrangement. If you did, and he heard every word, then you indeed need to find a new job. Even if its a potential misunderstanding, it does sound like he reacts before he checks out the facts and can be unfair.

That sucks :( I've had a lot of sh*t happen to me while I was working for other people, and one of the worst places was the brief time I was working in a school. I really can't deal with all their politics and power games. They gang up and pick on people who seem weaker or are a bit different, just like school all over again. That's why I now work for myself, set my own agenda and only have myself to answer to. Much better.