• Announcements

• Willow

Hello!   03/17/16

Welcome to Asperclick! I'm Willow, the founder and moderator. Have a browse around the site and sign up to talk with our members. I hope you find the site useful
Sinan2

Does this girl like me?

5 posts in this topic

I was at a Turkish cultural center, and I saw this girl I hadn't seen before (this was months ago, if not over a year ago, I forget). She caught my interest. She was very, very pretty, and was very confident yet girly in her speech, and seemed around my age. I was scared to approach her, because for the first time in a long time, I was actually terrified of a girl. Also, my brother and his friends were standing nearby, and I was worried they would mock me. I finally worked up the courage to go and speak to her, and I said, "hi, what's your name?" she said her name was Melike. I asked how she was doing, she said she was doing good. I found out she was a political refugee from Turkey who had just moved here (can't remember if it was then or in a later conversation). later, I was walking near her, and her friends shouted, "MELIKE WANTS TO TALK TO YOU!" (disclaimer: my father later claimed they were making fun of me given my bad reputation, but he wasn't there and he didn't know them.) I eventually came over, and asked, "yes?" she nervously said, "nothing..." I later went up to them and said, "I know why you called me here," "you like my beard..." (I immediately felt like facepalming myself over my own mistake and awkwardness). she seemed uncomfortable or confused. I came near hem later, and was going to ask something else, but my archnemesis, a girl named Beyza, told me in an obnoxious tone "actually, we need to talk about girl stuff, and youre a guy, and we're not allowed to talk to you," (which I knew was a lie because turks there weren't THAT religious, and based on her tone.) I chuckled and said :"yeah, right." she said, "no, it's serious," in an obnoxious tone. I left. did I ruin my chances? did she like me?

My guess is that Melike isn't interested (enough) in being your girlfriend.

Good news is there are a few billion people in the world so the chances of you not running into another girl just because Melike isn't interested are kind of slim.

Posted (edited)

Not a lot to go on really. So I can't give you a categorical answer. But what I can say is that nothing is more attractive (to either sex) than a quirky individual who is NOT easily embarrassed. So if you do screw up, the absolute worst thing you can do is crap on yourself in a negative light and take it seriously. It's cool to take shots at yourself, just make sure you're laughing and having fun at the same time. To me, a girl who is aware of her own shortcomings and then takes the piss out of herself about them (in a fun way) is devastatingly attractive. Marilyn Monroe did it all the time - yeah, nuff said. 

Cut the small talk too. Do everything you can to get into a meaningful conversation, and quickly. Ask her what she's most passionate about, what's her theological view, and most importantly, why. Don't ask her usual stuff like "what music are you into?" or "What do get up to on the weekend?" - for this is all time and effort squandered. Get beneath the hood, and don't be afraid to do it. You'll be amazed at how far you'll get by getting her talking about something that gets her furnace burning. 

Also, a little bit of shyness can work for you. It's charming, and it shows that you're making the effort for HER. 

Edited by Ben

I think where you are concerned it's probably best to assume she does not like you. In fact working on that assumption is probably more likely to result in the outcome you want. Just treat her like she is a dude, talk to her normally and let her get to know the real you instead of the person you are pretending to be to impress her, tell her about your interests but also make a point of asking her about hers and listening to the answers, if she likes the real you then you won't need to ask us cause it will become obvious even to you. However, under no circumstances should you start talking to her on social media etc, categorically do not stalk her online! You will freak her out and she will avoid you (which will only make your reputation worse).

2 people like this

@Sinan2 Have you ever thought of doing your research on sexuality?