• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
Sign in to follow this  
Jo

Fluoxetine and Trazodone

Jo

I take Fluoxetine and Trazodone. Is there anyone else in this group that takes these medications? And how do they make you feel? They make me feel very tired.

• Helpful 1

AutismUnrestricted

Sorry to hear that Jo. that must be hard for you.

I was prescribed Sertraline and I absolutely hated the experience. It made me feel so worried about my physical health that I had no energy to care for my mental or emotional well-being. 

• Helpful 2

Dont fit in on here

I don't take either one of them medications 

• Helpful 2

ZACKandATTACK
On 4/29/2017 at 11:03 AM, AutismUnrestricted said:

I was prescribed Sertraline and I absolutely hated the experience. It made me feel so worried about my physical health that I had no energy to care for my mental or emotional well-being. 

I was prescribed Prozac and Zyprexa when I was first diagnosed and I hated it as well. I just didn't feel like I was myself, and I don't think medication actually solves your problem. For me it is much better to try and cope with my behaviors that cause me harm.

• Helpful 2

Gone home
1 hour ago, ZACKandATTACK said:

I don't think medication actually solves your problem. For me it is much better to try and cope with my behaviors that cause me harm.

Though there are always exceptions, for alot of people I think a lot of problems are situational. Remove or change the situation and the associated stress should dissipate.

If meds don't help a person feel themselves ... ...

• Helpful 2

Dont fit in on here

I think medication does really help some people 

• Helpful 3

Gone home

42 minutes ago, DebzMata08 said:

Its helped me in the past, but fortunately I've only needed it for a few days at a time.

• Helpful 2

Dont fit in on here

i started a new med, and ive been told i seem so much happier and I feel happier too in all honesty 

• Helpful 5

Nesf
11 hours ago, DebzMata08 said:

I'm on Sertraline, and I find that it does help me. I tried Mirtazapine once, and never again - it turned me into a zombie.

• Helpful 3

Dont fit in on here
58 minutes ago, Nesf said:

I'm on Sertraline, and I find that it does help me. I tried Mirtazapine once, and never again - it turned me into a zombie.

Ive never had Mirtazapine or sertraline, i think my dad is on sertraline, im on Quetiapine and citaloplam 

• Helpful 3

Jo

I take them for depression but when I first took fluoxetine they helped me to talk because before that I didn't talk at all at school. I feel that depression gets worse the older I get. :( it's horrible

And I have had bereavements the past 4 years and I have been struggling. :(