• Announcements

• Willow

Hello!   03/17/16

Welcome to Asperclick! I'm Willow, the founder and moderator. Have a browse around the site and sign up to talk with our members. I hope you find the site useful
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sanctuary

TV programme - Richard and Jaco: Life with Autism

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I don't know if other people have seen it but I've just come across an excellent documentary called "Richard and Jaco: Life with Autism" in which a father talks about raising his son who's aged around eleven and has autism. It looks quite a bit about educational services for children on the spectrum as well as Jaco's experience of the world:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08l684l/richard-and-jaco-life-with-autism

Possibly this programme isn't available on the BBC iPlayer outside the UK but it may be available elsewhere online.

Edited by Sanctuary
1 person likes this

Yes, I watched it. I thought it was very good. An honest, insightful portrayal of life on the autistic spectrum. I think it did a really good job of showing that there is hope for people on the autistic spectrum to live fulfilling lives, as well as showing that it is OK to be afraid if you discover your child has autism. For any parent that is obviously going to be very daunting.

I Watched the programme as well , I liked how it shown more with how later aged people on the spectrum cope and develop  being involved in a lot of different things. such as the guy who works in admin i felt that was brilliant. I soon hope these types of things will be more available or easily accessible . such as for myself finishing uni and still looking for a job is fairly frustrating 

1 person likes this