• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
Sign in to follow this  
Dr-David-Banner

Living In A World Of Robots

Dr-David-Banner

First let's be careful of the term NT's. Lots of geniuses had mental illness that wasn't Asperger's. Such as schizophrenia or bipolar depression. Tesla had OCD, for example.
Going by my own experience, I do definitely feel an affinity with XMen. I started out with extreme autism which I now know affected my ability to learn. I was low-functioning. The system tried to use traditional schooling with me but assumed I was an idiot. I was too self-absorbed to interact and withdrew into a world of my own. Later, once I was free from school, I gradually discovered I could learn information different ways. It was like meditation. I started off with languages and got "A" grades so stuck to that. Then I got into history and literature. Finally fairly late in life I addressed my poor maths then got into sciences. In sciences I was ridiculed on some internet forums because somehow it was noticed I was approaching things differently and back to front. Like anything though if you do the work, you just keep developing.
The reason I refer to XMen is I now found out how weird it is to be educated without any social element to it. Added to that, to have zero social connection skills. It's as if all the self study made the social interaction side much worse. I just get this weird effect of people feeling threatened or uneasy. Not only that but even scared as if they figured I might be psychotic. So employment became a real problem. So much of a problem I'm building my boat each day with a view to just get out of involvement in society.
You'd be amazed how disturbing just little things can be. Like anyone else, it would be nice to be just treated the same. Yet I get treated differently. Sometimes people will treat me with favouritism. They keep giving me things. Or they'll not include me in various ways, ignore me or even be nasty. I only feel at ease with my dog but it still creates stress not to be able to communicate.
I also developed different skills such as noticing things about peoples' speech patterns and the way details stand out. I communicate great with dogs. I've also noticed things about dogs and their senses that are extraordinary.
Conclusion: When a person has very poor sight his touch and hearing compensates. Even psychologists recognise schizophrenics develop unusual senses of musical creative ability (eg Brian Wilson). I think there's a connection between mental illness and the X Factor. Often, such people go off the rails as they can't balance out the mental chaos involved. Tesla also wrote once a person can be quite insane and think deeply. I guess for some time now psychologists have suspected mental illness can allow other spheres of the brain to develop. And when I saw XMen and it dealt with people being born as mutants it sort of resonated.

I'd say they do it when it's over 

carrot on end of stick scenario. 

Some Taoist word bellow that Robots could use :)

Reality as you know it is merely one version, a version predicated entirely on your belief system. It is therefore entirely up for grabs and can be morphed by adjusting your beliefs.

You’ve no doubt been raised with the belief that to produce results you have to exert enormous effort and be willing to sacrifice even your joy in the process, and even though your rational mind may heartily disagree, the unconscious belief will still be driving your version of reality and hence how reality shows up for you.

But by changing the belief, you can change the result,

For instance, tell yourself the following six times with utmost sincerity and feeling, the fullness of your person brought to bear on saying it, feeling it and meaning it, even though your rational mind can make no sense of it:

I reduce the amount of effort I put in by 50%, reduce the amount of pointless output by 50%, increase quality of output by 50% and increase personal gain to the benefit of everyone around me by 100%.

Then forget all about it, but repeat it daily for the next three days and your whole life will start morphing of itself to produce that sort of result. Obviously the percentages used are merely arbitrary and impossible to measure accurately in any case, but the mind works in symbols and by and by starts adjusting its beliefs accordingly, thus producing a shift of external conditions by extension.

Dr-David-Banner

Large percentages of the population are turning into a peasant class. It seems to me predominantly male. Females seem more astute and communicative. Peasant classes existed in Russia around 1900. Such people work hard manually and cling to structure and religion. Who knows maybe John Lennon's "Nowhere Man" was inspired by this thought. Spain had a sort of peasant class as well in the towns and villages. Fiesta, religion and bull runs were typical. This post may sound conceited but I meet a lot of people on a daily basis and communication is very basic. Most effort goes into making enough money to keep a home and family running but is this really living or just existing? I mean, progressive, creative people think, read literature, history, philosophy and listen to music. Peasant classes merely work just to survive and they need religion to cling to. And that is why Islam displaced science in the UK - because we now have a massive, exploited proletariat and a few millionaires in political power. Some parts of the country may be better off than where I live. In my region you're an outcast if you don't work and need to talk about football and Facebook to appear normal. For that matter the student class has just vanished. These people once existed and used to care about issues like foxhunting and working rights. Maybe the funding issues just eradicated 80 per cent of the student class.

Dr-David-Banner

Very weird observations lately on the robots theme. I think there is really something to it.
Why do people seem to function cognitively like the needle on a vinyl record, following a groove but stuck in one direction? It's like programming. I've noticed at the elite level (the high tech sites I visit), people are capable of highly advanced maths or analysis but are still stuck in one direction. Their equilibrium is rocked if something different is put forward (say, from a fresh source). They heap praise on physicists like Tesla yet the same mentality scoffed at the inventor when he lived. Only after reluctant acceptance by larger numbers did these individuals gain respect. So, like any computer software people can solve complex problems but only by following and learning the theories of the 0.000001 to the billion of the population.
So, imagine people as functional computers, programmed by the odd supercomputer - the Einsteins, Darwins and so forth.
People also easily suffer from viruses. Defective thought processes introduced to a population that become accepted due to peer pressure. I guess it works like trends. I recall times when the mop head hair cut and miniskirt were "in". Ways of thinking work the same way because everyone bows to the concept the majority must be right.
I would be skeptical of the "robots" theory if people acted as individuals and didn't follow a set groove. These mass thought patterns also constantly change as the decades pass. Morality, for example, altered hugely between the 1950's and the present.
Maybe the key is the connection between analytical thought process and social thought process. The social aspect seems to be the glue that drives people to follow teachers and leaders and groups. In fact, I often get told it's not polite or even downright rude not to simply accept what such and such said as gospel. Simply because such and such is a member of some revered society.

Sleepers...... They need to wake up and feel alive. 

Buzzing with Chi is the only way.. Of course chi don't care about us though. And its also behind sources of what is perceived as evil. Yin. 

Get some Alan Watts in your ears boss - seriously. All you need to not know is not there :D 

Dr-David-Banner

I seem to be getting far out thoughts and the way NT's interact has me puzzled. What comes to mind is that social interaction is a secondary level of communication that tends to level people off. It connects them together around a shared value system and they all have to follow the rules. You can think of social interaction as a glue that binds peoples thinking to each other. What puzzles me is if NT's cold shoulder and exclude those who don't fit the exact same pattern how can that be beneficial. I mean in evolutionary terms? It's the social interaction that tends to exclude diversity or different characteristics so I often wonder about that. These days (personally) I see social interaction as a subtle system of rules based on conformity and closed to innovation. The more social interaction is connected to employment and status, the more inventiveness is stifled. I know in the 1970's, the LAPD ignored lieutenant Columbo's scruffy appearance and talking to his dog but today he would be out of a job. Of course lots of people on the spectrum strive for social skills to try and fit in better. I just find the thought of it alone sort of unpleasant.