• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
Roxy

Best Dating Sites For AS?

Roxy

What is the best dating apps for AS? I think online dating is great way for Aspies to get use to meeting people.

I've tried Tinder, Pof etc but I find them full of people only seeking one thing.. I want more companionships, like relaxing on the sofa, watching a DVD, cuddling with a takeaway but also my own space when I need it :P 

Edited by Roxy

Harrow

I don't know about dating sites. But the best advice I can give is to find and hangout in places that will attract the kind of people you are looking for :)

HalfFull

I'm not going to name the sites in question but I was a paid member of one site for some time and met 4 different ladies over a 3 year period. As it turned out, the first lady was the one I was most likely to end up with, it all looked promising but I think I may have made the mistake of basically asking her on the 6th date if she wanted us to be bf/gf. The others didn't go as well. Most of the ladies by their photos looked like decent enough people. However, I later tried out another website, and the ladies on many of the photos lets just say didn't take my fancy at all. They were totally different! I concluded later that the difference was quite possibly hat it was a free site.

Possibly a more cost effective way to meet people is a walking group. The only problem is that you're limited mostly to the singletons there thus requiring a mutual attraction with someone narrowing down the odds. However, if you extend your social circle via such a group or even just sometimes go to the pub with some of the group for just an hour, someone might bring a friend of your preferred gender who could become your partner. Otherwise, if you make your 'looking' known subtly you could get set up on a blind date with someone.

Edited by HalfFull
  • Helpful 1

Heather

From my experience, there is no one dating site perfect for people on the spectrum. I think any site could potentially have someone on it that would make a good partner for you. But there will also be many many many people who are not suitable for you.  I think you will find that almost anywhere. In my experience, I was getting almost close to not going on the dating site anymore and then a guy messaged me and caught my attention who is now my boyfriend because he fit what I wanted in a partner. :) So.. like people have said before, often it comes when you stop looking that you find what you are looking for. However, it doesn't hurt to make a profile, just don't worry or stress about it if at first all the people you meet end up not being suitable because it doesn't mean that you are doing anything wrong.  

• Helpful 2

Gone home
5 hours ago, Heather said:

when you stop looking that you find what you are looking for

So true! :)

• Helpful 1

Joie6

@Heather @Gone home I totally agree with you ! Why would they be dating sites  only for AS ? I don't think we have to stay between AS to find love but to mingle with others. Roxy, the man you are looking for could be anybody and you can find it anywhere, on dating sites or not.