• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
Willow

Downtime From 8PM GMT 14.09.17

Willow

Hey everyone!

Scheduled downtime from 8PM GMT on 14.09.17 (tomorrow).

I'm having the site migrated to a new server and updated to the latest version of IPB. As such it will be down for a day or so. 

As much as I hate having to take it down for such a long time, this is a crucial move for me, as it will make running Asperclick cheaper. I'll be trailing the new server for a month to make sure that the site runs as it does now, with quick to load pages and zero unplanned downtime.

Thank you for your understanding,

Willow

• Helpful 4

Peridot

Ok.

not around here anymore

OK, thank you for letting us know :)

RiRi

So around 2PM PT.

Thank you for letting us know and for explaining. I'm excited for how it will look after. :) 

not around here anymore

At the risk of surprising everybody on here, including myself, I like the changes to the forum a lot.

Good job @Willow I think the forum looks great :)

• Helpful 1

RiRi

I like the forum changes too. I haven't seen everything, but I saw that the issue I had the other day about the forum color is now fixed. :) (Sorry I don't know how to explain it, it's the color for when you hover over a person's name, it was too dark for my group, I like how it looks now, much better). :D Yaas! 

not around here anymore

I am embarrassed that it took me a while to realise that members with no profile picture now have the first letter of their name as the avatar. I was thinking "why have all these people got letters as their profile picture? :lol::rolleyes:

not around here anymore

I might be being naive here, but what is the difference between a "like" and an "upvote"?

Willow

@Asgardian I would use like for something that made me laugh or was a compliment etc., whereas the upvote I would use if the post was really helpful or constructive on a more general scale.

• Helpful 1

not around here anymore
11 minutes ago, Willow said:

@Asgardian I would use like for something that made me laugh or was a compliment etc., whereas the upvote I would use if the post was really helpful or constructive on a more general scale.

I see, thank you. Well, it will probably take me a while to get used to which I should use for which but I will get there in the end :lol:

I guess your post is a good a place to start as any. I will give it an "upvote" because it was helpful. 

Edited by Asgardian
  • Like 1