Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • Willow

      Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

      Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
Willow

Clubs

Recommended Posts

Willow

'Clubs' are a new feature for the forum, and I thought I'd do a quick post to let you know how it works.

Head over to: http://asperclick.com/clubs/ to take a look - you can start your own club (I've started a photography club), and you can choose how that club is run to an extent.

Once I've approved the club you, as the owner of the club, will be able to*:

  • pin and unpin content
  • hide and unhide content
  • move content
  • lock and unlock content
  • delete content
  • split and merge content

*within clubs which you are admin of only.

So it'll be kind of like running your own sub-forum of Asperclick and I won't be using any of my admin capabilities on your clubs beyond me initially approving it.

Fun ideas which I thought might be nice are things like a book club or a film club, you could start the club and then when you have members you could agree upon a book or a film which you would all read or watch and then discuss together. Or a debate club etc., just think back to the clubs at high school or what hobbies you have etc., and go from there!

Hope you enjoy this - I'm quite excited to see where it will go!

Willow

  • Like 5
  • Helpful 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aspieguy

Probably worth mentioning that a new club can't have any discussions until this is enabled separately. I didn't realise this at first as it was not intuitive at all, and I would've missed it completely if someone hadn't sent me a private message to say that they couldn't post in the club.

To do this:

  1. Click on "Manage Club" and then click on "Topics".
    N52bPxb.png
  2. Click on "Save". I'm assuming that you can choose different names and descriptions but I'm still not completely sure how to use all of this.
    yidxPF9.png
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aspieguy

Yes you can have different names and descriptions. You can also edit the name and description afterwards. You can't delete them once you've created them though. @Willow please delete this mess: http://asperclick.com/forum/52-test/.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RiRi

@aspieguy Thank you for saying. I have created my first tab which is introductions. After I created it, I was going to create a second one when I realized  it could have been part of the first, but I can't edit anymore. Maybe I should create another tab and have Willow delete the first one? lol I wish I don't have to have the second one deleted because I forgot something. @Willow Can it be possible if we can edit the tabs ourselves or is it set up that way that once we post we can't edit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Willow

You should be able to edit your forum/tab names - here's how:

 

club how to.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RiRi

@Willow Thank you. I have edited one of my tabs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miss Chief

@Willow Just wondering would it be possible to remove Club posts from the 'Recent Topics' or have a separate 'Recent Club Posts' segment... I feel like I am missing some normal forum posts with the club posts filling up that segment? I realise this might be complicated and will depend largely on the forum software/settings so may not be possible.

  • Helpful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Willow
8 hours ago, Miss Chief said:

@Willow Just wondering would it be possible to remove Club posts from the 'Recent Topics' or have a separate 'Recent Club Posts' segment... I feel like I am missing some normal forum posts with the club posts filling up that segment? I realise this might be complicated and will depend largely on the forum software/settings so may not be possible.

Yeah - sorted :) good suggestion, thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Angry Primeape

How do i make topics in my club im confused it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Angry Primeape

@aspieguy thank you, i didnt realise that you already posted about it :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tylermc
On 2017-09-16 at 6:06 PM, Willow said:

'Clubs' are a new feature for the forum, and I thought I'd do a quick post to let you know how it works.

Head over to: http://asperclick.com/clubs/ to take a look - you can start your own club (I've started a photography club), and you can choose how that club is run to an extent.

Once I've approved the club you, as the owner of the club, will be able to*:

  • pin and unpin content
  • hide and unhide content
  • move content
  • lock and unlock content
  • delete content
  • split and merge content

*within clubs which you are admin of only.

So it'll be kind of like running your own sub-forum of Asperclick and I won't be using any of my admin capabilities on your clubs beyond me initially approving it.

Fun ideas which I thought might be nice are things like a book club or a film club, you could start the club and then when you have members you could agree upon a book or a film which you would all read or watch and then discuss together. Or a debate club etc., just think back to the clubs at high school or what hobbies you have etc., and go from there!

Hope you enjoy this - I'm quite excited to see where it will go!

Willow

Awesome Willow ? You should check out my sunset ? pictures there really cool ? 

and I have some pictures of the Canadian countryside ? Just haybails and weatfealds and some of pictures of my dogs??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sofi

How do you delete a 'Topic' within a club? I've messed up and now need to delete one! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aspieguy
23 minutes ago, Sofi said:

How do you delete a 'Topic' within a club? I've messed up and now need to delete one! 

You can't, I had the same problem and had to ask Willow to delete it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sofi
31 minutes ago, aspieguy said:

You can't, I had the same problem and had to ask Willow to delete it.

Ah, ok, damn :(.  Willow, can you please delete my topic called 'Topics' in Girls club. I created it by mistake! 

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RiRi
13 minutes ago, Sofi said:

Ah, ok, damn :(.  Willow, can you please delete my topic called 'Topics' in Girls club. I created it by mistake! 

You can also edit the topic into another section if you want. That's what I did. I even ended up creating another section after I edited that section. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Myrtonos
On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 6:10 AM, Sofi said:

Ah, ok, damn :(.  Willow, can you please delete my topic called 'Topics' in Girls club. I created it by mistake! 

I can't delete topics either, even if they have no threads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miss Chief

I can delete topics in my club or at least it looks like I should be able to I haven't actually tried, but if I select a topic I get delete button underneath as shown below...

image.thumb.png.34a049218d5679f868757d303dc63bee.png

Are people getting an error message when they try that? Not sure I want to create a test one if it won't actually work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aspieguy
2 hours ago, Miss Chief said:

I can delete topics in my club or at least it looks like I should be able to I haven't actually tried, but if I select a topic I get delete button underneath as shown below...

image.thumb.png.34a049218d5679f868757d303dc63bee.png

Are people getting an error message when they try that? Not sure I want to create a test one if it won't actually work?

We're referring to the deletion of the topic "category" (the big tab at the top that says "Topics" next to "Home" and "Members"). You can have more than one of these, and they can have any name that you want (it doesn't have to say "Topics"), but once you've created them you can't delete them yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miss Chief
35 minutes ago, aspieguy said:

We're referring to the deletion of the topic "category" (the big tab at the top that says "Topics" next to "Home" and "Members"). You can have more than one of these, and they can have any name that you want (it doesn't have to say "Topics"), but once you've created them you can't delete them yourself.

Oh I see, thanks :) I kept seeing people posting about it and I was sure I'd seen it. Can you just remove all the info in Manage this Club and Edit this Forum then save it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DavidTheWitch

So can you promote your club is the question?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Myrtonos

I want to be able to approve all new threads on one particular topic within a club I own as a precaution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nesf

I really messed up in the languages thread. I wanted to move DavidThe Witch's new thread into my German thread, but my thread took his thread title, and then duplicated itself :( I have no idea how to rectify this :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miss Chief

@Willow I have a quick question... on the forum homepage, beneath 'Announcements' and above 'Forums' I have a section called 'My Clubs' and all the clubs I am a member of are there but the club I manage (Fantasy) is not there. Is there a reason it isn't included? Is it perhaps somewhere else that I've missed? Could it be added or could there be a new section for 'Clubs you manage/moderate'?

This isn't a huge problem but it would be easier if I had a shortcut on the homepage to get to the club when I want to work on it or do some checks/moderation (especially if I or presumably others were to manage more than one club). Perhaps a shortcut up by the Notifications and Messages shortcuts at the top of the page... I do understand if it isn't available on the forum software there is not much you can do about it but perhaps you could have a look and see if there is an option for it to go somewhere that can be enabled? I don't really mind where I was just trying to think of where is might be and would look good. Like I said it isn't a huge issue... I currently just open a second tab for that club but it would be easier if there was a shortcut :D

I've included a screenshot of the section I'm talking about and you can see that the Fantasy Club isn't there...

AsperClick_Clubs.thumb.jpg.6a5d654904baf997d4c79cfe08c9bec1.jpg

EDIT: I do know there is a shortcut to the Clubs section but even in there the Fantasy club doesn't get any prominence (I don't mean for everyone I mean just for me as the owner) so I have to scroll down to it and while that's no biggie at the moment if there are an awful lot of clubs in the future it could be a problem.

Also on a different but related note, why aren't the clubs sorted alphanumerically in the Club Directory (All Clubs section) they seem to be sorted by creation date, which again is fine at the moment with only so many but will get confusing as the number of clubs increases? 

Edited by Miss Chief
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×