• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
Sign in to follow this  
rainbow

feeling down after my course

rainbow

Hey guys,

not posted on here for a while but I feel need to right now

I have for the past 3 weeks been going to a creative craft course at night were I live. it is on for 6 weeks.

I came home last night feeling really down and  feel like I want to cry. I feel like I don't fit in with none of the people there.

I feel the class teacher don't get me and she sometimes talks too fast.

i thought going on it would help me in someway I have tried my best to make friends but just can't connect with these people or the teacher.

Gone home
40 minutes ago, rainbow said:

I have tried my best to make friends but just can't connect with these people or the teacher

Thats always been my experience when I have tried college or courses ...

If I tried again I think I would just try and be more self contained and expect less from other attendees.
Hope you manage the last 3 sessions.

Fitting in isn't everything

• Like 1
  • Helpful 2

Sanctuary

Courses are often suggested as a good way to make new friends or social contacts and that can happen sometimes but probably more often for the neurotypical members rather than those with AS. At least you've tried this course Rainbow and it's possible other ones might be more successful with students and teachers who are more on your wavelength. Gone Home is right that it's best not to expect too much from courses - perhaps focus more on what you can get out of them in terms of skills and knowledge and look upon any social benefits as a bonus.

Edited by Sanctuary
  • Like 2
  • Helpful 1