• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
DavidTheWitch

"We are only focusing on your behavior and not your one outrageous housemate."

DavidTheWitch

My housemate was allowed to flash an underage boy without getting any punishment. But just because I have trouble getting up it is okay to pour out my coffee!

Gone home

Care homes are not legally entitled to punish anyone. 
They should be reporting incidents of flashing to the police.

collectingrocks
1 hour ago, Gone home said:

Care homes are not legally entitled to punish anyone. 

They are not entitled legally or illegally - or even at all...

• Like 1

Gone home
1 hour ago, collectingrocks said:

They are not entitled legally or illegally - or even at all...

Correct. Bullying and bad behaviour is very common though.

Dont fit in on here

I dont see how them pouring out your coffee is bullying :mellow:

RiRi

I can think of some ways pouring out someone's coffee could be considered bullying @DebzMata08. However, if they have certain guidelines like by 10am, your coffee/breakfast is thrown away regardless of who the coffee it is then that might be just the guidelines they have and if you're not there during that time you can't eat breakfast, something like that. I think this how it is in prison, but come to think of it, this is how was in the dormitories at university for me. If we missed the time slot, we couldn't eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, whichever time slot we missed. At least not inside the place/cafeteria where they made the food for us. 

Edited by RiRi
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Dont fit in on here

I thought pouring out coffee means that hes being served coffee?

Edited by DebzMata08
  • Helpful 1

collectingrocks
On 30/09/2017 at 1:13 AM, DebzMata08 said:

I thought pouring out coffee means that hes being served coffee?

Yes, I don't understand the second sentence about getting up and pouring coffee, what am I missing?

Dont fit in on here
32 minutes ago, collectingrocks said:

Yes, I don't understand the second sentence about getting up and pouring coffee, what am I missing?

Im not sure cause i still think its someone pouring a coffee for him :mellow: which i dont think its bullying

collectingrocks
23 minutes ago, DebzMata08 said:

Im not sure cause i still think its someone pouring a coffee for him :mellow: which i dont think its bullying

Yes, pouring out coffee for someone is surely doing that person a favour?

Dont fit in on here
1 minute ago, collectingrocks said:

Yes, pouring out coffee for someone is surely doing that person a favour?

Yep it usually is considered has a favour, i dont understand why some consider it has bullying 

collectingrocks
1 minute ago, DebzMata08 said:

Yep it usually is considered has a favour, i dont understand why some consider it has bullying 

Gonehome brought up the subject re bullying but not sure how this relates to pouring coffee

• Unhelpful 1

RiRi

Well, I guess we're going to have to wait and see what @DavidTheWitch meant by they "pouring out" his coffee. I took it to mean that they threw out his coffee, not served him.  @DavidTheWitch seemed mad/angry/annoyed/upset in his post, this conclusion can come about by his use of the exclamation mark and the comparison between him being punished and his housemate not being punished. Unless, David considers being served his coffee as a punishment. I think David should clarify for us.

Gone home
1 hour ago, collectingrocks said:

Gonehome brought up the subject re bullying but not sure how this relates to pouring coffee

David has complained many times of bullying abuse at the supported house he lives at.
I assumed (breaking my rule of 'assume nothing') rightly/wrongly - his cofee was thrown for getting up late.
Frankly, after 30 years in support work I'm sick to death of fighting organisations not dealing with their internal abuse and inappropriate covering up of various abuse cases and scandals.... there seems no end to it as people love to support it

• Like 1

collectingrocks

@Gone home I don't understand why you down voted me for what I said but hey ho, what do I know? 

I don't ready every topic so know nothing about David's situation - hence I wouldn't know about his bullying. 

David is talking about pouring out coffee and you are talking about his coffee being thrown for getting up late

You'll forgive me for my ignorance and misunderstanding on this matter

Edited by collectingrocks

Gone home

@collectingrocks I down-voted because I felt your comment about me was dragging me into something I did not wish to pursue.
Somebody is right, somebody is not .... it honestly doesn't matter and its for the original poster to clarify or refrain comment.
I think this is another example of buttons causing problems ... which is why I am anti button.... but as long as its there it 'may' get used - for better or worse! :huh:
I hope there are no hard feelings ... today has been more than tough on the personal front ... there are more important things in life than semantics

• Like 1

collectingrocks

No, no hard feelings but I now have a better understanding of something that was missing from this topic

• Like 2

Nesf

@DavidTheWitch could you please clarify what you actually meant by "pouring out coffee"? It would help to clear up the misunderstanding.

• Like 1

DavidTheWitch

I mean they poured my coffee down the drain.

• Helpful 3

collectingrocks

thanks for clarifying, now your original post makes more sense