• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
Biker1

[Sensitive] Suicidal time of year

Biker1

Well its that time of year for me. Im sick. Glitching, jobless freindless familyless. 

I have a distorted reality and im chain smoking all the time. 

I am not a fan of people. 

Like other post people get praised for apathy.

Good luck

Peridot
On ‎6‎-‎10‎-‎2017 at 11:21 PM, Biker1 said:

Everybody says that...

Dont fit in on here

Of course your going to friendless if your not a fan of people :wacko:

Peridot

Heather

I hope you feel better soon.  It is hard to break the cycle of negativity.  Try to think of even one thing you are thankful for.  Happiness starts with being happy with what you have in the present, even if it feels like you don't have enough. Also, remember, it always feels like other people have it better, but everyone goes through troubles.  I hope you find things to be happy about soon.

• Like 5
  • Helpful 1

RiRi

@Biker1 I do get the statement of not being a fan of people. I've said that many times in a similar enough way to you. And analyzing, I think it's because I've had so many negative experiences with people and because I'm an introvert. However, seeing how I'm here on this forum, I can say that statement is only true to some extent or could be rephrased because I do talk to some people and I genuinely care about others. Some people, I've found, even if they are very few, are nice and genuinely care. 

I don't really know what advice to give you or what else to say, but I also hope you feel better. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 3

Miss Chief
On 06/10/2017 at 10:21 PM, Biker1 said:

Well its that time of year for me. Im sick. Glitching, jobless freindless familyless. 

I have a distorted reality and im chain smoking all the time. 

Like other post people get praised for apathy.

Good luck

So do you want friends/family? Do you think they are better than 'other' people? I'm not having a go or anything I suppose in some ways they are better than other people but perhaps because you hold them to a higher standard they can also let you down very easily too. I'm not really sure how you manage to have no friends at all, they tend to force their way into my life and while I am completely shit at keeping in touch they tend to reach out to me every so often to keep things going, I suppose it can be done but it must require some real effort to push everyone away. I am going to assume you have a motor bike, how the hell do you go out on that without meeting other bikers? You pull over for a smoke within 10 minutes you have 6 friends (on a nice day), you pop in the shop you got 4 admirers by the time you get back to the bike, it doesn't even really matter what bike it is, it could be a bandit, a harley or a CBR.

Does being jobless at this time of year bother you... cause I have to say this time of year is one of the easiest to find work if you're not fussy, perhaps you could even do some volunteering? Plenty of charities and soup kitchens crying out for help as the winter comes in, especially if you don't have family commitments over the festive period. I assume you are on benefits so volunteering won't interfere with that but it will get you up and out and around people and seeing mostly that there is some good in the world but also perhaps that some people have it a lot worse than you... even if you can't face doing that maybe next time you see a homeless dude stop and give him a smoke but instead of walking off chat to him while he smokes it, you never know you might make a friend but even more than that it might snap you out of your slump to realise no matter what you think you are not alone on this earth, even if you wish you were you're life still impacts others. 

What I'm trying to say is that your life is your own and only you are responsible for it but you must have made a big effort to exclude everyone from it and if you regret that, well it is very easy to let people back in, you could start here online... feel free to PM me anytime, or you could go meet people at a volunteer place, colleagues will quickly become friends and as long as you don't push them all away eventually a friend will either become or introduce you to family. It just so happens that I am at a bit of a lose end this year for Christmas and I am thinking about maybe going to help out at a soup kitchen or some such.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by praising apathy... if we are truly apathetic we wouldn't have answered at all, but I do think it can be difficult for us to know what you need to hear, it's a pretty tough title and post, we don't want to say anything to make you feel worse, but we don't really know you well enough to help.

• Helpful 2