• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
DavidTheWitch

So I provoked the staff into illegally filming me now what?

DavidTheWitch

I tried to post a video of the incident to YouTube but it doesn't seem to have shown up.

DavidTheWitch

I tried to post a video of the incident to YouTube but it doesn't seem to have shown up.

Gone home

Not sure what you mean.
If they have filmed you illegally (first check the legality of filming in your state)  - report them to the body that oversees care establishments in your state.
In the UK we have the Care Quality Commision (CQC) vaguely overseeing non council establishments.
If you complain make sure you get confirmation of what part of the complaint they have documented.
Ask for a copy of your complaint so its clear
Seems fairly standard for organisations not to take the full complaint (less hassle for them and more chance of wriggling out of liability issues).
The CQC is conned regularly by care organisations ... and also in my experience they are not that good at investigating.
Good luck ... hope things improve

Edited by Gone home
  • Like 1

collectingrocks

Before anyone can answer your question, I think you'll need to provide us with a little more detail - e.g.:

Why did you provoke the staff into filming you?

What were they filming?

• Helpful 1

Miss Chief

So you have a video of them videoing you? Is it legal that you videoed them? Perhaps they took the video to use as evidence to show your care worker/health professional or to protect themselves from false allegations? Also how exactly did you provoke them into videoing you? Have you considered you might have an easier time if you stopped provoking people?

• Helpful 1

RiRi

Maybe @DavidTheWitch could clarify again what he meant by "provoke" because to my understanding, just looked it up actually to make sure, provoking is to purposely/intentionally/deliberately cause someone to do something. 

@DavidTheWitch Do you mean you did something that caused them to film you? Or did you purposely want to get a reaction out of them? 

Dont fit in on here

If its that bad just ask to move house

Dont fit in on here
17 hours ago, Miss Chief said:

So you have a video of them videoing you? Is it legal that you videoed them? Perhaps they took the video to use as evidence to show your care worker/health professional or to protect themselves from false allegations? Also how exactly did you provoke them into videoing you? Have you considered you might have an easier time if you stopped provoking people?

My question is how did he even get the video to upload it :mellow: they wouldn't of just given it to him 

Miss Chief
4 hours ago, DebzMata08 said:

My question is how did he even get the video to upload it :mellow: they wouldn't of just given it to him 

Yeah I assumed he had his own video not a copy of theirs :s