• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
Sign in to follow this  
Nesf

What are you listening to now? Prog version.

Nesf

Lot Lorien - Mari Mariiko

Alex

Hey! I was so happy to see that there is a prog rock club on the forum. I didn't know. I'm glad to be a member :) 

I'm a big big fan of Porcupine Tree and Steven Wilson's solo work and I just found this song today, which is an outtake of his newest album, To The Bone, and it sounds like old Porcupine Tree. Enjoy!

• Like 2

Prism

• Like 2

Nesf

@Alex I like Wilson's solo albums, though I didn't like Raw to the Bone as much as his previous ones. The Raven that Refused to Sing and Han. Cannot. Erase. are both good albums. I like Porcupine Tree a lot.

@Prism Good track. I also really like Scheherazade And Other Stories, that is my favourite album. Turn of the Cards is also good.

I heard a small clip of this album on a documentary, just a small clip but enough to recognise the album and to remind me of it and bring certain memories flooding back.

• Like 2

Alex

@Nesf Oooh! I discovered Talk Talk recently, and also heard at least some of Spirit of Eden. It sounds great, guess I have to explore their music a bit more. Thanks for reminding me :) 

• Like 1

DavidTheWitch

A song which describes me!

• Like 1

Sirius

• Like 1

Nesf

Alex

Posted this in the non-prog version of this thread as well... The wife and I love this band!

• Like 1

Nesf

Nesf
On 10/31/2017 at 5:12 PM, DavidTheWitch said:

This is Genesis all right, but I don't think that it is progressive rock - Genesis ceased to be a prog rock band after Peter Gabriel left.

Sign in to follow this