• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
Sign in to follow this  
DavidTheWitch

Feeling Psychotic when not Socailizing?

DavidTheWitch

I basically am a Aspie Extravert and I always feel Psychotic when I am in the group home just listening to the staff yell at the other individuals. But when I am at work or Church I feel like I belong ad want to do something with my life and don't get that many suicidal thoughts?

Sofi

I don't know that you mean you feel psychotic when you are at the group home listening to shouting - don't you just mean you feel angry/annoyed/scared/upset? Psychotic is an actual state in an illness, it wouldn't just come and go like that depending on your environment. 
It sounds like the group home isn't a good place for you nevertheless, or anyone else if staff yell at service users :( You should talk to whoever is in charge of your care.

• Like 2

Dr-David-Banner

Psychotic is a delusional state of mind where you imagine things and lose touch with reality. I read psychotics feel they have special powers which is also assumed to be part of the disorder. However I believe mental illness can trigger ESP phenomena or Savant symptoms.

• Like 2

RiRi

Yes, I agree. Maybe @DavidTheWitch feels like "he's going to go crazy" maybe that's why he described it as feeling psychotic? I've heard this metaphorical phrase, way to describe an emotional state of being, "feeling like you're going to go crazy." I think I would use that phrase when noises kept happening, and it just kept going till a point where I felt like I couldn't take it anymore. Or when something's/a thought has been bugging me for days. I feel like I want to scream and expel all that stress. 

I just looked it up and I found a person saying it could mean feeling frustrated, like you want to explode, which seems pretty accurate to how I would have used it.

DavidTheWitch

I do actually feel out of touch with reality and like a I want to kill myself!

Sofi
39 minutes ago, DavidTheWitch said:

I do actually feel out of touch with reality and like a I want to kill myself!

If you really were psychotically out of touch of reality, you wouldn't even know to say you were out of touch of reality. But you should talk to someone about wanting to kill yourself. Do you have someone you can talk to about that? 

DavidTheWitch

I do talk to people about and rather  then that I am actually out of touch with reality I feel like I am losing touch?

Sofi
1 hour ago, DavidTheWitch said:

I do talk to people about and rather  then that I am actually out of touch with reality I feel like I am losing touch?

Have you told someone you feel you are losing touch with reality? Who have you spoken to, like a key worker in your support team? It's best to get assessed to see if there's help you can get.

DavidTheWitch

I have told my behavior analyst and he has told me that most people would have already lost it in my situation?

Gone home
On 18/10/2017 at 12:53 PM, DavidTheWitch said:

when I am at work or Church I feel like I belong ad want to do something with my life and don't get that many suicidal thoughts?

Its important to have non contentious focus. Just keep doing things that help you to function well

DavidTheWitch

Non Contentious Focus? I think I get what you mean but I don't get that word!

Gone home
26 minutes ago, DavidTheWitch said:

Non Contentious Focus? I think I get what you mean but I don't get that word!

To me, good focus is good health. In relation to myself ... Once I hit a tipping point I get very into whatever (interest) it is as I over commit ... so I have to be careful what I get into.
So that means picking largely emotionally neutral subject matter and trying not to get involved in arguments (contention)

Edited by Gone home