• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
Sign in to follow this  
DavidTheWitch

Anyone feel they can use Ableist Insults due to their disablity?

DavidTheWitch

I basically will use jokes about how other people in the thread are spergs and autist as a way of seeking out a response. I also use the term retard in order to stupid or idiotic. Further more I made a comic implying that Trump had fetal alcohol syndrome as well was Hitler and Stalin's butt baby?

• Haha 1
  • Unhelpful 1

Peridot

Come on, man. Let's try to raise the level here a bit. Don't contribute to the deterioration of society by acting and expressing yourself this way.

• Like 4
  • Helpful 1

DavidTheWitch

Okay yeah. Maybe I need to rethink the way I use it. But then there is the way Kevin Heart uses the term "nigger"?

Sofi

Wait, what? You think you can use those jokes because of your disability? I don't get it but this sounds wrong and don't think you should make those jokes :(

• Like 1

DavidTheWitch

Well I used to make Jokes about Down syndroms until I learned a little more about it?

DavidTheWitch

By the way maybe I shouldn't but the problem is, is that I hear these a lot directed towards me?

Nesf
57 minutes ago, DavidTheWitch said:

I basically will use jokes about how other people in the thread are spergs and autist as a way of seeking out a response. I also use the term retard in order to stupid or idiotic. Further more I made a comic implying that Trump had fetal alcohol syndrome as well was Hitler and Stalin's butt baby?

This is not funny. This is troll behaviour and comes across silly, immature and attention seeking.

Sofi
26 minutes ago, DavidTheWitch said:

By the way maybe I shouldn't but the problem is, is that I hear these a lot directed towards me?

That's obviously wrong too for others to make jokes about your disability but you shouldn't take that as permission to make jokes about others; you shouldn't lower yourself to their level. It's never okay for anyone to make jokes about anyone. 

• Like 2

DavidTheWitch

I know but I kind of feel since a lot of blacks do this kind of thing with racism that I should try to do it in some way with Ableism?

Nesf
1 minute ago, DavidTheWitch said:

I know but I kind of feel since a lot of blacks do this kind of thing with racism that I should try to do it in some way with Ableism?

Just because other people do it doesn't mean that it is ok for you to do it, or that it is a good thing to do.

DavidTheWitch

Yeah but then the other way to be a popular autist is to wallow in self hate which I don't want to either?

Sofi
39 minutes ago, DavidTheWitch said:

Yeah but then the other way to be a popular autist is to wallow in self hate which I don't want to either?

Are you saying you want to a 'popular autist', whatever that is? What is that? You shouldn't strive to be popular for having Autism and I don't think popular Autists wallow in self hate really. I don't understand your points of  view. Maybe we should stop this conversation.

not around here anymore

I called this guy out as a troll as soon as he arrived on the forum. This kind of crass, pathetic thread proves I was correct. What a ridiculous thing to say. 

Edited by Asgardian

DavidTheWitch
56 minutes ago, Sofi said:

Are you saying you want to a 'popular autist', whatever that is? What is that? You shouldn't strive to be popular for having Autism and I don't think popular Autists wallow in self hate really. I don't understand your points of  view. Maybe we should stop this conversation.

I am going to ignore the post below you. I just want to be liked. I suppose I am not fully developed however on Deviant Art I have noticed Aspie Posters who fit in typically engage in "woes me I is sick" type behavior?

Gone home
1 hour ago, DavidTheWitch said:

I don't think wallowing in self hate makes anyone popular ... quite the contrary.

Seeking popularity is ... unnecessary.
Best to just be yourself.
As autistics we all belong to a minority group. How strongly we choose to identify is a personal thing.
There are many varied minority groups in this world.  They don't need to copy each other

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

DavidTheWitch
2 minutes ago, Gone home said:

I don't think wallowing in self hate makes anyone popular ... quite the contrary.

Seeking popularity is ... unnecessary.
Best to just be yourself.
As autistics we all belong to a minority group. How strongly we choose to identify is a personal thing.
There are many varied minority groups in this world.  They don't need to copy each other

I don't know I am in my tweeties and want to be loved by everyone as the song Mr Jones by Counting Crows goes?

Gone home

Yes, I get that but things can't be forced. (I don't know the song though)
Once people allow themselves to get desperate, things don't go so well.
Best to focus on self love and things that you find personally helpful rather than destructive maladaptive self hate.
I think if you can focus on functioning well, then other things just gradually fall into place. 
To roughly quote a Stones song .. can't always get what you want ... but get what you need

Gone home

Regarding your original question

Anyone feel they can use Ableist Insults due to their disablity?

I suppose to a degree one can make humour out of ones condition - as some disabled comedians do. But taste, venue and context are important considerations.
There are comments that could be humorous, but certainly nothing grossly offensive. I think your original post is offensive and not funny.
I don't see the point of supporting the worst of ableism as its just cruel and damaging abuse.

DavidTheWitch
3 minutes ago, Gone home said:

Regarding your original question

I suppose to a degree one can make humour out of ones condition - as some disabled comedians do. But taste, venue and context are important considerations.
There are comments that could be humorous, but certainly nothing grossly offensive. I think your original post is offensive and not funny.
I don't see the point of supporting the worst of ableism as its just cruel and damaging abuse.

You do realize I would never legitimize violence with what I was saying just tell people they are being stupid?

Gone home
10 minutes ago, DavidTheWitch said:

You do realize I would never legitimize violence with what I was saying just tell people they are being stupid?

To be honest I'm not sure I'm understanding...

RiRi

@DavidTheWitch To answer the thread, I don't think that having a disability (ASD) should give people the right to insult other people with disabilities. I think that's what you mean? I had to read some urban definitions to understand what ableism, as I think it's not easily decipherable at first glance (I thought that you were saying that because you have a disability, you feel like you can insult physically able people). 

Edited by RiRi
  • Helpful 1

not around here anymore

@DavidTheWitch Clearly you didn't like my response. However, I don't like you thinking it is OK to insult people because you have a disability, so what did you expect? :huh:

Butterfly88

The issue with that is if people don't know you have a disability and they see you making jokes they could take it wrong.  Also, I think disabled people need to stand together and not put each other down.  You say you've made jokes about Down Syndrome.  How would you like it if someone with Down Syndrome made a joke about you?

• Like 2

DavidTheWitch
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:30 AM, Butterfly88 said:

The issue with that is if people don't know you have a disability and they see you making jokes they could take it wrong.  Also, I think disabled people need to stand together and not put each other down.  You say you've made jokes about Down Syndrome.  How would you like it if someone with Down Syndrome made a joke about you?

Yeah that was something I did but I realized making jokes about Down syndrome relied off a stereotype that wasn't true?

Butterfly88
8 hours ago, DavidTheWitch said:

Yeah that was something I did but I realized making jokes about Down syndrome relied off a stereotype that wasn't true?

Stereotypes often aren't true.