• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
Sign in to follow this  
DavidTheWitch

Pink Floyd after Roger Waters?

DavidTheWitch

Division Bell seems to be an underrated album!

Nesf

Division Bell isn't my favourite PF album, but it's still a decent album, not as bad as some make out. When I first heard it, I was drawn to the lyrical content more than the music itself. When a key band member leaves and is replaced by another, the band often changes direction, thus alienating its fans. It doesn't mean that what the band then produces is bad, just different and not to the taste of the fans. Such a division occcured when Peter Gabriel left Genesis, or Fish left Marillion to be repaced by Hogarth.  Far Side of the Moon and Animals are my favourite albums. Oh, and I love The Wall.

Sirius

I'm not fond of A Momentary Lapse of Reason, but The Division Bell and The Endless River have some beautiful moments. Waters' presence would undoubtedly have given them more focus and emotional intensity, but they're certainly not bad albums on their own terms.

Gone home

The Piper at the Gates of Dawn (1967 album) resonated strongly with me when younger ... Bike ... Gnome etc... classics.
Never felt like investigating  their future stuff ... found it non-stimulating.
I'm the only person I know who's not keen

Sign in to follow this