• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
Sign in to follow this  
DavidTheWitch

Does anyone have this problem on the internet?

DavidTheWitch

Either the entire forum is younger then you and thinks your a wierdo or the entire forum is super mature and older and thinks your nuts?

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

Heather

I guess I can't answer that fully as the only forum I frequent regularly these days is this one... and I think the average age is around my age, give or take a few years, so do not feel too weird. 

Sometimes on the internet, I have found myself faced with people who are a lot younger than me, which is fun because I feel so wise and mature comparatively or I feel like an old soul because I do not care to use Snap chat. I like Instagram and Facebook but Snapchat or twitter, I can't get into them.

I think the times I am faced with older people happen more in real life than on the internet, and it might be more obvious when things like the Internet are talked about because then i feel my age as a tech-savvy millennial compared to them.

So I think I get what you are saying, but, just in different words. :D 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Sofi

I tend to feel people are a lot older and wiser than me on the internet. But I also get the feeling sometimes that people are younger than me when they know all about Snapchat. I feel okay on this forum though, I feel sort of middle in age and nobody thinks I'm a weirdo (I hope) 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

RiRi

Interesting topic. I am beginning to feel older than others, not just on the internet, but in general . Like, the other day I asked a question on google and I went to read responses to a similar question. The person who was asking was 20, but going through a similar situation as mine, and I thought, "Wow, I am getting older." Then I'm watching this show which the main protagonists are kids and the older people look 18 (I searched them up and they're like 20, still younger than me). I'm beginning to feel older, I think 5 years isn't that much of a difference, but maybe it is. I just know I'm getting older and older. People who surround me where I live are older than me, at least 10 years (according to my calculations), but I know that one day I will be them and I will see other people flourish, and be what I was once. I really hope I can someday have kids so I can see a part of me flourish, too. 

• Like 2

Nesf

I'm one of the older members of the forum. This forum is the only one that I actively participate in at the moment, and I would say that there is a fairly even distribution of people of all different ages, with different interests. Just as well, because it it were all about Snapchat or video games or other stuff that the younger generation is typically more into, then I wouldn't fit in here at all. I like that there are people of all different ages, with different interests and coming from different walks of life.  I once belonged to a chat group where the participants were mostly a lot younger than me - I did find it a bit difficult and I didn't think I fit in, but that was for various reasons that weren't necessarily to do with the age of the participants.

• Like 3