• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
fairytattgirl

Forced social Interaction

fairytattgirl

So something I have noticed is that kids parties now involve inviting the entire family. For those with kids how to you cope with this especially forced interaction with people. In this case you can't not go because it wouldn't be fair to your kid. A bit curious as it will be something to deal with when I start a family with my partner. I hate these things unless im only around people  im comfortable with so would love to know how others cope

DavidTheWitch

Well the fact is people. Even Aspies need social interaction?

collectingrocks

Yes its hard because a party for the kids is also an excuse for the adults to have a party too

Guess you just have to bite the bullet, keep reminding yourself that it's only for a short time and you can just play with the kids without having to interact much with the adults 

• Like 3

RiRi

@fairytattgirl I don't have kids, but I just thought about it and wouldn't it be best if only people you were comfortable with were invited?

• Like 1

Myrtonos

@fairytattgirl And depending on the sort of family yours is, maybe only invite people with which both you and your parents are comfortable. For example, if your parents are still together and are on your side more often than others, and/or if you need either or both parents to keep you on track.