• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
Sign in to follow this  
Fighter101

Help

Fighter101

Im stuck in a dark place, I dont know who I am. I cant help myself and I feel worthless. It feels like theres a voice in my head wanting me to die and the other part wanting to live. Im not proud of myself and have done nothing to feel good about myself. 

RiRi

@Fighter101 I'm sure you have done plenty of good things in your life. When encountered in a low point in life like the one you're describing, it can be hard to think about the positive contributions we've made, but they're there somewhere.

• Like 2

Gone home

Hope the feeling passes soon

You sound depressed and it sounds overwhelming at this moment.
Just be aware that depression is a malfunction of sorts and can pass. As it is a malfunction do not attach too much importance to the more negative thoughts.
Try and focus on what helps ... allow yourself time  out to enjoy things that you feel you should be enjoying.
If you have routines that strengthen the mind do them.
Try and prioritise good sleep.
Alot of people go through phases like this.
If there are any helplines you can phone try them. Sometimes its helpful hearing onself talk.

To paraphrase whats attributed to Einstein ... 'The imagination is (potentially) a preview of whats to come' - so try and envisage positive outcomes

• Like 2

Eliza

I'm just recovering from a battle like this, so I understand.

I promise all these feelings will pass, just don't give up! We all get chaotic thoughts that pop into our minds uninvited. Remind yourself they are just random thoughts; ignore them and take control. Force your mind to 'change the subject'. I quote bible scriptures out loud until they fill my mind. ("For you love all things that exist, and detest none of the things that you have made, for you would not have made anything if you had hated it.") If scripture isn't your thing, try saying inspirational/motivational quotes that will lift your spirit. ("Every second that you spend on doubting your worth, every moment that you use to criticize yourself; is a second of your life wasted.") 

Learn as many quotes as you can and say them out loud several times a day. Be consistent; don't wait for the lousy thoughts to show up, beat them to it.  It can take up to 21 days to change a mindset, so don't give up.

When you need to vent, we're here to listen and cheer you on.

• Like 2

Fighter101
2 hours ago, Eliza said:

I'm just recovering from a battle like this, so I understand.

I promise all these feelings will pass, just don't give up! We all get chaotic thoughts that pop into our minds uninvited. Remind yourself they are just random thoughts; ignore them and take control. Force your mind to 'change the subject'. I quote bible scriptures out loud until they fill my mind. ("For you love all things that exist, and detest none of the things that you have made, for you would not have made anything if you had hated it.") If scripture isn't your thing, try saying inspirational/motivational quotes that will lift your spirit. ("Every second that you spend on doubting your worth, every moment that you use to criticize yourself; is a second of your life wasted.") 

Learn as many quotes as you can and say them out loud several times a day. Be consistent; don't wait for the lousy thoughts to show up, beat them to it.  It can take up to 21 days to change a mindset, so don't give up.

When you need to vent, we're here to listen and cheer you on.

Thank you, I always get these down moments at least once a week. I end up doubting everything and become frustrated when I cany focus on anything especially at school. I can never lift myself up. I am a muay thai boxing fighter so I train because its the one hobby I love and makes me feel good about myself. But sometimes I hate myself so much that I cant enjoy it anymore, I have to be myself I cant talk to people face to face and hang out with friends. I rely on my coaches to message me and help me get through but I cant do that anymore they want me to help myself and I know i should but the pain is too much I spend most nights in my room trying to sleep but my twitching and thoughts can get so bad  when I dont punch anything I punch myself in the face, it gives me a numb feeling. 

Nesf

I had depression and severe anxiety recently diue to an illness, so I started taking antidepressants. Taken in the right dose, they can help, though I don't see them as a long-term solution. I get through the week by promising myeslf a treat at the weekend, that gives me a pleasant, positive thought that keeps me going through the week.

I also take exercise and keep busy - I have projects that I work on, so I don't dwell too much on negative thoughts.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Fighter101

, I always get these down moments at least once a week. I end up doubting everything and become frustrated when I cany focus on anything especially at school. I can never lift myself up. I am a muay thai boxing fighter so I train because its the one hobby I love and makes me feel good about myself. But sometimes I hate myself so much that I cant enjoy it anymore, I have to be myself I cant talk to people face to face and hang out with friends. I rely on my coaches to message me and help me get through but I cant do that anymore they want me to help myself and I know i should but the pain is too much I spend most nights in my room trying to sleep but my twitching and thoughts can get so bad  when I dont punch anything I punch myself in the face, it gives me a numb feeling. 

Dr-David-Banner

Self belief is everything. Sometimes if 99 per cent of people wrote you off, your own 1 per cent is what matters. Even if you're a long way from perfect, you need to have self belief. You have to believe in your own potential and learn to cut off negative feedback. Muhammad Ali the great boxer was an ace at this and said, "If you're not the greatest, pretend you are."
For me depression and doubt only niggles if I start to doubt myself. Many athletes learned you can''t progress without first believing in your ability to reach a goal. One thing I did ages ago was to stop watching normal TV due to the negativity.