• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
Sign in to follow this  
Eli

The Real World

Eli

Sometimes I really hate "the real world". I very much prefer my own world. And it's hard when living in your own world is demonized by pretty much everyone. Even me. I constantly have this voice in my head that tells me I'm a weirdo or crazy or just lazy and that I'll never achieve anything because I simply don't want to be here enough to do so. I try to become invested in worldly affairs, I have since I was a child. And it never gets easier and it always hurts. I just want to be in here, in my world, where it's infinite yet safe, challenging yet without demand, stimulating but not obnoxious. But I'm not supposed to. I'm supposed to want these designated things and be an active participant, because if I'm not, there's something wrong with me. I'm tired. I'm past a meltdown. I don't have the energy for that. I'm just....tired.

• Like 3
  • Helpful 2

Laurie

Life is stressful sometimes especially when you reach adulthood. You're not lazy. Everyone has different perspectives on everything because everyone is different I think. The key thing to me is really not care what people think. I'm still working that of course, but I think it's important not to care about others think because then you feel happier and have a better attitude.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 2

Eliza

I get those same nagging thoughts. I like what Asperger expert Tony Attwood said, that aspies are basically hermit monks born in the wrong era. 

• Like 3

Nesf

I just want to be able to do my own thing and for other people to accept that I don't necessarily want to do what they want to do, or that I have my own ideas about things. I'm not hurting anybody, just being different, and if people can't accept that, they they have the issue, not me.

• Like 4
  • Helpful 1

Heather

I love being in my own little world as well.  I accept I need to socialize with other people and actually can enjoy it sometimes. Although I feel frustrated other times because I don't always have the best responses and feel awkward a lot of the time. It is so good to be able to retreat into my shell and do my own thing.   

I think it also comes with maybe being an introvert as well... Introverts get their energy from within and are drained being with other people.  This world often seems designed for extraverts who get energy from other people but there are a lot of people who are introverts who prefer their own company. And many in between.

• Like 5
  • Helpful 1

Ben

Be VERY careful here - really, because it would be such a shame if you were to demonise your own perceptions of reality in favour of societies.

Reality is whatever YOU want it to be. If you think it, you'll eventually become it. FACT. I don't care what anybody says, the mind is the most powerful force in the universe (next to God). You can argue the toss as much as you want, I'm where I want to be in life because of the way I think

I'm not depressed - because I'm fulfilling my authentic self. I'm not anxious because I'm aware that the future doesn't exist - only the here and now exists. I don't lack confidence because I'm limited to only one edition. No one else can do the things I do in the style I do them in - just like you. 

Society wants you to conform because they want you at the same level as them  - they're not brave enough to be as unique as you. 

Don't let them stop you. 

• Like 2
  • Helpful 4

Gone home
25 minutes ago, Ben said:

I'm not depressed - because I'm fulfilling my authentic self. I'm not anxious because I'm aware that the future doesn't exist - only the here and now exists. I don't lack confidence because I'm limited to only one edition. No one else can do the things I do in the style I do them in - just like you. 

I like that!