• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
Eliza

Are We Hybrids?

Eliza

This guy was explaining what it's like to have Aspergers and said it's like being a hybrid human, half autistic, half neurotypical. I never thought of it like that, but I kinda get what he's saying. We can communicate verbally, but half the time people don't understand what we mean.

Not really sure what I think about this concept.

Any thoughts or opinions?

Miss Chief

That doesn't sound right for me... I see it as a spectrum and we are at the high functioning end.

• Like 1

Gone home

Hybrid human !? ...... Half autistic? ... does that mean half human? .... does that mean autistics are not human?
I get what the guy is trying to express but don't think its a good or helpful way.
I'd send him back to his drawing board ...

• Like 1

Eliza
6 hours ago, Gone home said:

I'd send him back to his drawing board ..

This comment made me laugh. An instant video popped into my head of doing exactly that.

To be honest, I don't feel at all able to understand NTs ways of thinking. I don't feel half NT is what I mean. I'm wondering if this guy is thinking Vulcan stereotype. For me, it feels like I'm completely different from 'them', at least in my thought process...which is my entire life.

I wish I could articulate this better....

• Like 1

Dr-David-Banner

I differ a great deal from AS people as I do indeed fit the Vulcan stereotype. That is, I have no emotions. Whereas most people I met with AS seem opposite and are highly emotional. I read elsewhere my own condition is called "screening" where emotions are very weak.
I also noticed those I met with AS appear to be more accepted by NT's and less obvious except they have different, more explosive meltdowns.
These days I view myself as more autistic than aspergic and note not all psychologists define AS as autism.

DavidTheWitch

I admit it I am sexually attracted to horses!

Now anywho why are you posting this again?