• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
RiRi

Do you wonder about how things work?

RiRi

Like, everywhere you go, you wonder about something. Like when was that road created? Or how does an airplane fly? Or is there oxygen inside an airplane? Or how many years did the pilot go to school for? Or how did the pilot practice before piloting a plane? Etc. Etc. Etc.

Is it an aspie trait? Or is it also NT? Or is it more prevalent in people who don't know everything about the world? Or?

Edited by RiRi

Angry Primeape

I don't have that trait maybe others do, if stuff interests me I probably think like that but I've got 4 (possible 5) conditions fighting each other every day 😂

• Haha 1

RiRi

@Angry Primeape Okay, thank you for the response. Do you question things like that for stuff that interests you? Maybe you do have that trait. I also think I have multiple conditions. 😂😂  I always end up wondering if it's related to the autism though. 😂

Heather

I am not sure if it is more common for people on the spectrum or not but I know I have done that from time to time.  Not exactly the same questions but I have a lot of thoughts in my head so sometimes have questions that seem similar to the ones you asked.  I think it is more likely to happen when I do not have other things on my mind but I am not too sure.

Sometimes my thoughts make me laugh or smile. But then others might view me as weird. But I have to remember generally they are not going to be concerned with me and if they think I am weird, what does it matter anyway.

• Like 1

Gone away

As a child I would take working things to bits ... as an adult I take broken things to bits. I like to know how things work though in middle age I am not as interested as I was

• Like 2

RiRi

@Heather Yes, I was thinking that could be the reason. That I don't know other things in my mind such that I can start wondering about what's in front of me. I do also think that I also have a short attention span. I also tend to only wonder about things that interest me. 

@Gone home Interesting. As an adult, you'd fix things and as a kid, you'd wonder kind of like how I do now? 

I have a question for all of you guys, do you guys have the answers to the questions I posted in the initial post? 

• Like 1

Gone away

1 hour ago, RiRi said:

I have a question for all of you guys, do you guys have the answers to the questions I posted in the initial post? 

Not to any extreme clinical level ... but certainly more than the average person.
I think its just a trait of people who take interest in what makes things tick rather than any diagnostic label

• Like 1

Miss Chief
On 24/01/2018 at 10:21 AM, RiRi said:

Is it an aspie trait? Or is it also NT? Or is it more prevalent in people who don't know everything about the world? Or?

I definitely do this.

how does an airplane fly?

is there oxygen inside an airplane?

I am going to assume you mean oxygen tanks and no just the air that's in the plane when you get on? I think this answers you...

Or how many years did the pilot go to school for? Or how did the pilot practice before piloting a plane? Etc. Etc. Etc.

They don't go to school but they do need to have a LOT of hours flying to get their license (I don't think that can be too spread out over years either)... at least 250 flight hours, including 100 hours of pilot-in-command time and 50 hours of cross-country flight (in the US).

https://www.thebalance.com/how-to-become-a-commercial-pilot-282898

In the UK:

https://nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk/job-profiles/airline-pilot

• Like 1

Sirius74

Do you wonder about how things work?

Compulsively. Mainly about the inner workings of other people's minds. I'm trying to kick the habit.

• Like 1