• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
Sign in to follow this  
Aspernaut

Loneliness

Aspernaut

How do you deal with loneliness??

• Like 1

Aspernaut

I read my own posts over and over again.

• Sad 1

Willow

I spent a lot of years being very lonely, and I found it hard to overcome that. I posted online a lot and interacted where I could with people, but I was always very shy and lacked any kind of self confidence. Then a couple of years ago I just got bored of myself being so scared of everything and I just started going places and meeting new people and not caring what they thought of me - if we got along, great, if not, I didn't mind. 

But as I said, I was incredibly lonely for along time, and it's really hard, I sympathise with you greatly.

• Like 3

Nesf

I come to places like this :) I also talk to my partner and do things with him, though I don't really have any close friends.

• Like 2

nichii

I just distract myself by keeping myself busy. Browsing reddit, watching YouTube videos, posting on here, etc. I have a friend I can talk to when I'm lonely, but she's often busy. 

• Like 2

Peridot
16 hours ago, Aspernaut said:

How do you deal with loneliness??

Whenever I feel lonely I just remind myself of the fact that it's a fleeting emotional state. It's always a balancing of being alone and with others and it's an undulating thing or like the ebb and flow if you will. At least that's what I think.

Catman2018

To help with my loneliness, I listen to music, I draw, I watch YouTube videos, I work in Photoshop, InDesign, etc.  I also work on my computer hobbies as well.  I get lonely all the time. 

Edited by Catman2018

Sofi

I've recently started to suffer a lot with loneliness since I live on my own now and I don't see much family. I do go out most days and see friends most days and do a lot of different activities with them but I think what I lack is emotional/physical intimacy with someone and a sense of belonging and permanency which a family or partner brings. It gets really lonely eating on my own every evening and having nobody to say goodnight to in person - stuff like that. 
I don't know what I do to deal with it. I have recently tried dating sites to try to find a partner but I tend to get scared off if things start to go well because I don't think I want the same things in a relationship to others and it seems to go too fast for m, so it's a vicious cycle!

I just try to distract myself from it when I'm at home by doing things I enjoy like reading, watching TV, doing puzzles and arts and crafts. The loneliness is always at the back of my mind and knowing I'm lonely due to losing my mum so yeah, I usually end up upset anyway :(