• Announcements

• Willow

Welcome to the forum!   09/17/2017

Please come in from the rain and sit by the fire! We're happy you found us and hope you will feel at home here.  
Aspergolfer

Mildly depressed, need encouragement

Aspergolfer

I'm slightly depressed. I'm so sick of bad news,  so sick of war and destruction,  so sick of disrespect for those in authority who do their jobs responsibility.  Where's a 200 mile wide asteroid when you need one?

Miss Chief

Perhaps stop watching the news? Who is disrespecting authority? Which authorities are doing their job well? To be honest I am not a big fan of authority (being a libertarian) so perhaps I am not the right person to post here. I also don't tend to get an emotional response to current affairs/news/politics, that isn't to say I don't find it interesting or frustrating or whatever but I don't tend to get upset or sad about it. Also I'm not sure wiping out all life on earth (a 200 mile asteroid would probably do that) is the right solution, wiping out humans might work but what did the cats/bears/rabbits etc. do? ;) 

Edited by Miss Chief

spiderwoman0_2

I very rarely watch the news, I hate politics and to be honest I don't give a shit about any of it, all I bother about is my kids and family and what bit of the house to decorate next.  Life is too short to think about all the sadness in the world, so stop thinking about it and do something that makes you happy :) 

• Like 2

Asgardian

I know what you mean. There is so much negativity these days. What I like to do is find an escapism which even just temporarily shuts out the real world. I like watching TV shows and films which are fictional, so things like superhero stuff, Star Wars, Doctor Who etc. Even if it is just for the time I am sat there watching them, it helps me to shut out the horrible stuff going on in the real world. As @spiderwoman0_2 said in the post above, do what makes you happy :)