InsomniaDreams

Sex Appeal

InsomniaDreams

You know how some folks are photogenic even though they may not be that physically attractive and some folks are beautiful but are not photogenic...What is photogenic as a thing? It seems mysterious even to photographers and people in media etc.

Similarly what is the difference between beauty and sex appeal? Some people can be not beautiful really but have great sex appeal and some people can be stunners but have no sex appeal. There seems to be a subjective idea of beauty along with a wider social media standard of beauty in order for people to strive towards and buy beauty products etc. is sex appeal purely subjective? Everyone knows what I mean when I say sex appeal. Everyone has met someone who has oozed sex. What is sex appeal though? Can it be broken down and marketed? Can it be acquired? Is a body language or chemical thing?

Mike_GX101

Often the beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

the strangest man

Lauren Bacall, borne 1924, is stunningly beautiful even now but now one, in their right mind, would claim that she had the same sex appeal as a twenty year old Lauren Bacall. Beauty is innate, and it outlasts ageing. Sex appeal lasts only until the next alluring person arrives on the scene.

spiderwoman0_2

I think that sex appeal is an aura that some people have and some people don't, whether they are pretty or not, people with the aura will always have the opposite sex interested in them and they attract them without even realising.

I once knew a man with this aura and although he wasn't my taste or that good looking there was something about him that attracted me to him, I know, weird.....

One of my friends has the aura and the men would always be interested in her and they still always look at her even though she's married.

Nesf

I don't know... these things are a mystery to me too. I know I'm not photogenic, I always look awful in photos and don't like people taking photos of me. As for sex appeal, I don't know what it's all about, but I suspect a lot of it has to do with using body language.

HenryVIII

I'm lucky, I don't have to worry about beauty or sex appeal .................................... as I've got neither LOL

But I did have 6 wives so I must have had something going for me !!

Nesf

But I did have 6 wives so I must have had something going for me !!

Money, status, power  (I mean the real Henry VIII, not you!!!)

HenryVIII

Money, status, power  (I mean the real Henry VIII, not you!!!)

Ha ha ha.

CherryCola

One interesting theory that my mom told me about is that if you look at a photo of someone you can usually tell when the photographer likes the person in the photo. I think this true, because you're sort of seeing that person through the eyes of the photographer.

Otherwise I think beauty, sex appeal is very individual. Of course there are people who appeal to the masses but there will also be individuals who doesn't see it. For example I just don't get the appeal of Johnny Depp that every other girl seem to have, to me he's just a regular guy. And Brad Pitt I guess is pretty, but boring so he doesn't do it for me, but I admire both of their talents.

And also if you like someone, that person becomes beautiful to you. And if someone is rude, mean to you than that person becomes ugly. I know my boyfriend isn't considered a classic beauty, the first time I met him I wasn't attracted to him. But he was such a cheerful, kind (and funny) person who made the effort to get to know me which made me instantly like him, I was so drawn to him. Eventually I fell for him hard and he just turned into the most beautiful person in the world.

Another interesting theory is that people want what they can't have or maybe they just like the challange. There are 3 times where I had been sitting next to my current boyfriend at a party and we would talk, touch each other, I was so comfortable with him so I let him touch me. And then out of no where a girl had turned up trying to steal him away from me, by flirting, touching him. One girl who was a mutual friend with one of our friends had told her to tell my boyfriend that he could contact her for sex. Its so gross to tell someone that when the two of us clearly were dating. I'm wondering if they wanted him because I was attached to his arm or because he's just such a charming person. I have been wondering a lot why a person would do that. Maybe some people like a challenge? I don't know, but I do wonder if it would've been different if I wasn't there.

Well basically people are weird when it comes to these things and a lot of different things affect the attraction to someone. I don't think it can be fully understood since everyone is so different and there are different situations.

HenryVIII

Well basically people are weird

I couldn't agree more