Ben

My new home.

Willow
Willow I am sure your friends on that other one would join here if you asked them!

I won't ask them to - it's not fair on the forum they're at - unless they're unhappy there. But most of those already joined here of their own free will.

mary

Positivity is key, but so is respect.  If people don't feel respected no amount of positivity will fix that.  I think for a forum to succeed it needs both in equal measure, and so far that's all I've seen here.

If people question things it's usually not to be obstructive but to genuinely try and understand what is going on, or so I've found within my own AS, so I should think the same goes for many more on the spectrum. 

I also think that people with AS / ASD have, perhaps in differing quantities, difficulties in being treated as an equal because they are 'different'.  This is something I've found throughout my life and I find it extremely frustrating.  We're different, not alien... we may have different views to others because of our differences but we're still entitled to them, just as they are theirs.

Ben

Oakers, what happend was i flipped my lid. Completely lost my patience, to the point it wasn't going to stay in. I was actully having nightmares were members of the forum where comming to my house to shoot me. 

I'm so sorry if your disapointed in me, but i just couldn't do it anymore, by the end, theres was not an ounce of patience left in me. And it was not one member, it was the whole thing. 

I'm now on restricted posts over there, and the most hated man on the forum. In reality i just completly snapped. 

mary
Oakers, what happend was i flipped my lid. Completely lost my patience, to the point it wasn't going to stay in. I was actully having nightmares were members of the forum where comming to my house to shoot me. 

I'm so sorry if your disapointed in me, but i just couldn't do it anymore, by the end, theres was not an ounce of patience left in me. And it was not one member, it was the whole thing. 

I'm now on restricted posts over there, and the most hated man on the forum. In reality i just completly snapped. 

I'm really sorry to hear that as you know from previous communications I actually supported you becoming a moderator.  It's really not nice to read that it had such a detrimental effect on you :(

I'm here because I still live with the idea that there can be a place where people can share opinions and discussions without it becoming detrimental to anyone, or being made to feel that they are inferior or inadequate.  A haven so to speak.   I've read a lot on here tonight, and previously when I did a little bit of lurking, and can only commend Willow and Chris for having such a positive forum, and long may it remain that way.

Maybe acceptance should have also been in my first post there... if people only accepted that those of us with AS / ASD are at times questioning and most likely annoying with it, they'd realise that there's generally no harm in what we do, we're just doing what we do.  I am, for one, VERY analytical and question anything and everything depending on my mood... even more so when it involves other people and perceived injustices.

Stressmonster
I was actully having nightmares were members of the forum where comming to my house to shoot me. 

That's so sad it's funny. Not funny as in "haha look at you funny" but just plain old morbid funny. :lol:

Andy
I'm really sorry to hear that as you know from previous communications I actually supported you becoming a moderator.  It's really not nice to read that it had such a detrimental effect on you :(

I'm here because I still live with the idea that there can be a place where people can share opinions and discussions without it becoming detrimental to anyone, or being made to feel that they are inferior or inadequate.  A haven so to speak.   I've read a lot on here tonight, and previously when I did a little bit of lurking, and can only commend Willow and Chris for having such a positive forum, and long may it remain that way.

Maybe acceptance should have also been in my first post there... if people only accepted that those of us with AS / ASD are at times questioning and most likely annoying with it, they'd realise that there's generally no harm in what we do, we're just doing what we do.  I am, for one, VERY analytical and question anything and everything depending on my mood... even more so when it involves other people and perceived injustices.

But we are not accepted are we, because we have a disorder and so we are potential time bombs waiting to explode and they are so scared of this happening that they employ  the science of precognition- nip it in the bud just in case the weather changes and so those  buds can never be allowed to flower and so we remain with a disorder.

It wasn't aways like this and that to me is why it comes as such a shock that it is this this way all of a sudden, a regime which is to me only a month old, where they have bled away a few active members who have quite simply had enough of being treated as a child that must be seen and not heard, but I understand there is a need there for a tightly controlled environment where the disordered are not allowed to be human let alone make any attempt to be normal.

But I am also very analytical and depending on my mood I will rip apart ideas to see where they come from and then challenge what I perceive as wrong as I am not scared to put my head above the parapet, because I believe where there is truth and honesty, authority will have no problem answering questions.

But yet, I learned yesterday, it was their way or the highway and I will not be patronised or oppressed.

Willow
It wasn't aways like this and that to me is why it comes as such a shock that it is this this way all of a sudden, a regime which is to me only a month old, where they have bled away a few active members who have quite simply had enough of being treated as a child

It's so sad that, as you say, so many active members have felt the need to leave/become less active. :(

I just hope you like this place and that it's not too much of a '2nd best'. :D

Andy
It's so sad that, as you say, so many active members have felt the need to leave/become less active. :(

I just hope you like this place and that it's not too much of a '2nd best'. :D

Well I have been here more today than I have been there and even now there I seem to be annoying the parents of .

Boobookittyfrag

Why use it when they are so horrible? Best to go where you can express yourself best!