coffeebean

Taste And Texture

coffeebean

Are you sensitive to it, or do you have unusual preferences?

Even some (not lemon, lime, or grapefruit) fruits are too tart for me, but I love spicy food. I always eat the chiles included in Chinese dishes that everyone else skips, and I've been adding my few favorite hot sauce to everything from noodles to pizza to veggies. ^_^

When I was little I was very fussy about my food (texture, foods touching, cleanliness of utensils), but now I'll eat almost anything. I even like tomato!

Sofi

Yes, I have issues with texture of certain foods - like meat and foods that are really lightweight. In general, I am fussy with food and used to have a really restricted diet but now, I have a meal plan that I am sticking to and it will develop to include even more foods soon. I will never eat any meat besides chicken though, that is definitely a personal choice and not really me being fussy  :P I like plain food really, no spice.

I don't like several different kinds of food / different colours of food on the same plate together but I guess I am getting used to it but I definitely want them separate and not touching and I won't eat them together in the same mouthful! I can't understand that. I used to only use plastic spoons for eating but now, I am getting used to metal knife and fork but I suck at it, my hands just won't co-ordinate it and I can really taste the metal in my mouth from the fork :( It ruins the food then. 

Aker

Preferences.

I disliked dairy products for long time. It's not abut texture or taste, but feeling what they leave in stomach. Only last two month I started to use dairy products after 5+ years not using them. I really wonder why.  

Red pepper. Texture. Cabbage and carrot the same but those I can eat fresh too. Red paper only in salads or really rarely.  Funny thing is - I bought blender so I can make vegetable smoothies (healthy!) but almost not using it because it makes terrible noise.  <_<

But mostly I eat everything. I was raised like that. Only thing I really refused to eat even in childhood - really fat bacon. 

Nesf

I love spicy food with a lot of seasoning, and like strong curries. Some foods seem not to have any taste at all! I don't like the smell or texture of some foods, such as tomatoes and meat, though I sometimes eat chicked breast. I hate any fat on meat or chicken, and have to remove it before even trying to eat, so bacon isn't practical for me. Generally I avoid meat. I can't stand eggs, this is the worst food, and I don't like oily greasy foods. I don't mind different kind of foods touching but don't have them all together on my fork at once, unless they are for example, a pizza with different things on the topping together, as they all have different flavours. I prefer to have different foods on different plates.

L Lawliet

Does anyone understand what I mean when I say some foods give me a funny feeling in my nose that makes me feel sick? o_O Ahaha! I know how weird this sounds but just curious.

I get it with sausages, tuna-mayo, smoked food (haddock, cheese etc), cream and sometimes jacket potato. Other foods do it too but can't think off the top of my head. The smell is fine, it's just when I eat it I get a sickly feeling in my nose! I don't know whether it's a texture thing or not but it's weird!

I also don't like fat on meats either. Nothing worse! I think that's a texture thing too.

Babadakad

Does anyone understand what I mean when I say some foods give me a funny feeling in my nose that makes me feel sick? o_O Ahaha! I know how weird this sounds but just curious.

I would always get a feeling like something's crawling up my nose when I'm eating mushrooms or tomatoes.

Other than that I can't stand sauerkraut; for me it feels like I'm chewing on cotton wool, and cotton wool is my nemesis.

Nesf

I would always get a feeling like something's crawling up my nose when I'm eating mushrooms or tomatoes.

Other than that I can't stand sauerkraut; for me it feels like I'm chewing on cotton wool, and cotton wool is my nemesis.

I hate cotton wool too, it makes me shudder and i can't bear to touch it. Ugh, I can't even think about it! But sauerkraut is ok, it doesn't have the same texture - at least not the stuff I've eaten. I like mushrooms, but not tomatoes.

Babadakad

I hate cotton wool too, it makes me shudder and i can't bear to touch it. Ugh, I can't even think about it!

Exactly! When I think about it I immediately recall the feeling and it just makes me sick :unsure:

L Lawliet

Yeah! I think that's the same feeling I get!

Don't even mention cotton wool. EUGH!!! Get goosbumps just thinking about it o_O

HenryVIII

I love spicy food with a lot of seasoning, and like strong curries.

I am the opposite, I hate seasoning, hate spicy food and hate curries (even so called mild ones).

I like bland food and preferably food I have prepared myself.

I love tinned tuna fish but for some reason I cannot explain I can only eat it if I have open the tin myself.