coffeebean

Taste And Texture

Nesf

I am the opposite, I hate seasoning, hate spicy food and hate curries (even so called mild ones).

I like bland food and preferably food I have prepared myself.

I love tinned tuna fish but for some reason I cannot explain I can only eat it if I have open the tin myself.

i like tuna fish too, but not if it's been in oil, in brine is ok.

HenryVIII

I like the tuna in vegetable oil, brine does not taste good to me.  Tuna is spring water is available more and more these days but tends to be expensive.

Yesterday I bought 80 tins of tuna from Costco.  I love Costco's prices but hate their queues so I tend to bulk buy when I go there.

Nesf

I like the tuna in vegetable oil, brine does not taste good to me.  Tuna is spring water is available more and more these days but tends to be expensive.

Yesterday I bought 80 tins of tuna from Costco.  I love Costco's prices but hate their queues so I tend to bulk buy when I go there.

I like Costco too, the queues aren't usually that bad. i love getting the muffin and coffee when you go in, and like the food samples, but the sales pitch they then want to bombard you with puts me off taking them. Some of the trolleys can be very squeeky, too, which is annoying. Costco has huge jars of cashew nuts - expensive but delicious!

Sofi

I am the opposite, I hate seasoning, hate spicy food and hate curries (even so called mild ones).

I like bland food and preferably food I have prepared myself.

I love tinned tuna fish but for some reason I cannot explain I can only eat it if I have open the tin myself.

I like tinned tuna a lot too, but only tins that say in 'spring water', not anything else. Used in a sandwich or perhaps a jacket potato but I don't really like that. Although, I once tried to open a tin of tuna on my own and it spilt and ended up all over my pyjama top and so it smelt of tuna and even after it had been washed, I felt like I could still smell the tuna so I threw the top out! 

My mum is not a member of Costco anymore, she used to be but I guess we did not go very much because it is not very close to our house (nothing is!) But I remember my mum laughing a lot at when you become a member and they take your photograph in the store and my mum thought hers looked like a mug shot - like a criminal conviction. I remember their food samples though but I always feel nervous going up to those food samples in shops in case they try to talk to me and ask how it is and if I want to buy. I want to just say "No, I just want the free food!"  :lol:

weebo

i dont like things that a to chewy, like tough meat i cant eat it i used to be left at the dinner table as a kid till i finished it and i just be chewing a mouthful of horrable meat i used to hate it big time

annalise_fox_ford

i  am really fussy when it comes to bread i will only eat brown bread as the smell of white bread makes my nose tickle and makes me feel sick and the same with butter yuck i just cant eat it but i love cheese

Toran

I've just been out to lunch and had red devil sauce piri peri sauce with betroot

In the same dish. Everybody was going that looks awful but I love it and mixing sweet and sour sauce with curry sauce. I like spicy and hot foods to people just think I have very odd tastes.

Nesf

I've just been out to lunch and had red devil sauce piri peri sauce with betroot

In the same dish. Everybody was going that looks awful but I love it and mixing sweet and sour sauce with curry sauce. I like spicy and hot foods to people just think I have very odd tastes.

Interesting combination. In Greece they all think us Brits are mad because we eat meat with sweet sauces, but in the end it all comes down to taste and culture. Most Aspies seem to prefer mild flavoured  foods, but I'm exactly the opposite, i prefer strong spicy flavours.

King_oni

I'm quite a picky eater, but that's more of a preference thing I guess.

However, one thing that bothers me is eating meat that has a bone in it. I just can't get behind this entire "gnawing it off the bone" thing like you might have with chicken or anything. I'll chip of some bone and before you know it... hard parts in the otherwise soft meat. That just bothers me most.

What I have however going on is that I'll get bored with food easily. The older I get the more I'm just sick and tired of certain foods and just refuse to eat them anymore... the shape, texture and flavor has gotten the better of me and it's more of a "oh no.. not that again" type of deal. Some foods more than others, since I still eat bread, though I change around with the type... but something like macaroni I just can't stomach anymore. No matter whatever you do with it... the aversion of macaroni always prevails. And this goes with a few other pasta varieties. 

I also tend to not mash my food together or anything. I usually have all parts during dinner seperate. A pile of vegtables, a pile of potatoes (or any variety) and a piece of meat. I don't like gravy. 

I tend to make my own food quite often, despite me living at my parents house. My mom is a terrible cook (and so is my dad)... putting something on the stove and waiting until it's warm is not cooking IMO. For the pedantic amongst us, yes that is actually cooking... but cooking in a culinary sense... waiting until potatoes boil and serving them I can't really call cooking.

Oh, and certain foods I just will not eat because I don't like the way it's prepared, even when it's out of a package/factory. There's a few kinds of cabbages I will eat when they come out of a jar, but not if they're fresh or out of a box (though it can be the same brand that sells both forms of packaging).

And I like spicy food and seasoning on everything... in the worst case, I'll just add some white pepper afterwards, but I prefer it to be adding during preparation for a good saturation in the meal.

Despite my dislking for gravy, I do like condiments a lot and use any of those quite often to make my meal a bit more adventurous, lol

Toran

Interesting combination. In Greece they all think us Brits are mad because we eat meat with sweet sauces, but in the end it all comes down to taste and culture. Most Aspies seem to prefer mild flavoured  foods, but I'm exactly the opposite, i prefer strong spicy flavours.

I've always loved hot and spicy food since a child, and many other combinations of different foods. I suppose we are just a few exceptions to the rule.