coffeebean

Taste And Texture

Nesf

I've always loved hot and spicy food since a child, and many other combinations of different foods. I suppose we are just a few exceptions to the rule.

The sensitivity to taste, textures, light and sound that most AS people have is due to sensory processing dificulties, and one can be either hyposensitive or hypersensitive, and if you are hyposensitive it leads you to seek stimulation, which is why we crave strongly flavoured foods.

HalfFull

Not only can I not stand the taste of tomatoes, but its a big problem for me to buy any sandwich containing them, as I have to remove them with my hand and I cringe and totally screw my face up every time. My friend has this identical issue and one time we cringed mutually whilst removing it from our sandwiches. It would have been quite a sight if anyone else had been around.

Nesf

Not only can I not stand the taste of tomatoes, but its a big problem for me to buy any sandwich containing them, as I have to remove them with my hand and I cringe and totally screw my face up every time. My friend has this identical issue and one time we cringed mutually whilst removing it from our sandwiches. It would have been quite a sight if anyone else had been around.

I hate tomatoes too. Even if you remove them from the sandwiches it can be hard to remove all the seeds - yuch!

Toran

The sensitivity to taste, textures, light and sound that most AS people have is due to sensory processing dificulties, and one can be either hyposensitive or hypersensitive, and if you are hyposensitive it leads you to seek stimulation, which is why we crave strongly flavoured foods.

I have been asked a lot of the time if I would like some food with my sauces. I find that to be a bit off putting really, because its different to a lot of people its something else that I feel makes me stand out from other people. I should be used to it by now but its another reason reason to add to those I have already about why I don't like eating out.

Nesf

I have been asked a lot of the time if I would like some food with my sauces. I find that to be a bit off putting really, because its different to a lot of people its something else that I feel makes me stand out from other people. I should be used to it by now but its another reason reason to add to those I have already about why I don't like eating out.

I like sauces, too. Try not to feel too self-conscious about it. Everyone has their own tastes and preferences, and you're not harming anyone in any way, so there's no reason why you shouldn't eat what you like, especially if you go out to eat. Just ignore people's comments. You are the one who's eating the food, not them.

Toran

I like sauces, too. Try not to feel too self-conscious about it. Everyone has their own tastes and preferences, and you're not harming anyone in any way, so there's no reason why you shouldn't eat what you like, especially if you go out to eat. Just ignore people's comments. You are the one who's eating the food, not them.

If everybody thought like that we would have a lot better world to live in, its nice to have the support you understand the way things actually are where as too many people want you to change just to be excepted by them.

aspiesw

I'm a very picky eater. I can't eat meat cold, I think it's just weird. The taste is too strong for me. Apart from that I'm generally ok with foods, I struggle with new foods if I can't recognise them, or if they don't remind me of anything similar

Toran

I'm a very picky eater. I can't eat meat cold, I think it's just weird. The taste is too strong for me. Apart from that I'm generally ok with foods, I struggle with new foods if I can't recognise them, or if they don't remind me of anything similar

I don't have trouble with new foods if they are spicy and hot. I don't like bland foods and if we are having something like that i cover it with sauce anyway.

Nesf

I don't like cold meat either. Really, I don't like meat full stop, but eat it occasionally. I used to be a vegetarian.

I don't have trouble with new foods if they are spicy and hot. I don't like bland foods and if we are having something like that i cover it with sauce anyway.

I'm exactly the same, i like everything smothered in sauces and don't like bland foods except cottage cheese and yoghurt.

aspiesw

I'm really fussy with my sandwiches and crisps - I can't eat any sandwich apart from a cheese sandwich and I can't stand BBQ, chicken, or cheese and onion crisps