Scheduled Live-streams Read more... ×
Chris123

Cracking Fingers, Habit Or Aspergers?

Ben

There is something nice and relieving about doing that despite what they say that it can lead to arthritis.  Well if that's really true then it's too late for me because I've been cracking my joints all my life!!

I knew someone would say that... I was waiting for it. 

If it's true, then why do people see chiropractors? Because that's exactly what chiropractors do. The sound is nothing more than air being forced out of the joint. If done excessively it could mildly injure tendons and cartilage, but I'm yet to meet a person who has had this problem. 

Smithy The Wizard

Cracking your fingers isn't related to aspergers but because you do it when you get nervous it is a form of stimming that you do to relive yourself from stress. The stimming will be related to aspergers though. I'm also pretty sure it doesn't cause arthritis. I wached a video by CPG Grey about misconceptions and the arthritis one was one of them.

Sofi

Yes, it'll be a type of stimming for you when anxious. I don't crack my joints but I do..a lot of other things with hands as stimming. 

when i am nervos or bord i will shake one of my hands does this count as repetative ? :spookyj::spookys::spookyk::spookyc:

Yes, that's a repetitive action like stimming. I do that too, I shake one of my hands, or sometimes both, like flapping it. I don't notice when I am doing it, but I think it's nervous and other times really excited too. 

Kuribo [old account]

Almost every teenager I know does this, regardless of their neurotype.

Geedee

Popping joints is sometimes associated with joint hypermobility. I don't know if I have joint hypermobility but I know two aspies who have and I've heard in some cases there's a connection autism and joint hypermobility.

joeleur

I tend to like cracking my fingers when I get bored or anxious, some sort of comfort for me. For me is an visible signe or asperger. In fact all my body tend to crack a lot.

HenryVIII

Habit. Cuz it sickens me when people do that ¬____¬

Me too

Saveyourscissors

I crack my fingers a lot! More so when I'm stressed but I do it hundreds if times a day!

I crack my fingers a lot! More so when I'm stressed but I do it hundreds if times a day!

aspiesw

I constantly crack my fingers, I can't help myself, it's a really bad habit

ASDCommunity

I have almost completely got myself out of this habit