Chris123

Boring Voice?

Chris123

Today I was telling a story to a friend and i was speaking for a long time, at the end he turned round to me and told me i have a really boring voice. Then it got me thinking, every time i spoke, i always spoke in the same tone of voice and it did sound really boring! 

Anyway, i wanted to know if this had anything to do with having aspergers. I'm still learning about aspergers and i like finding out new things about it.  :)

Willow

Yeah a 'monotone' voice is quite typical - I can hear myself going more and more monotone the longer I talk and I hate it, but I can't stop it. :(

Dakohi

Definitely. If I have to talk long too, and I'm just like drone droe drone... xD'

Sofi

Me too. I used to have more monotone voice, now I can be okay for a while then goes more monotone. Sometimes I talk far too much. 

Babadakad

The more I talk the more monotone my voice gets. Never been told I had a boring voice though.

Toran

I've noticed I can do this as well but generally i don't talk that much to people at the moment. I don't try to stop what I'm doing now as it has little effect if I do so excepting it I think will help the stress and depression. Its the way we are so why change or try to, if you have a true friend it won't make any difference.

Nesf

Yes, I've been told this too, I drone on. When I was teaching I was told i was boring because my voice was flat.

L Lawliet

My voice isn't monotone, but I've been told that I don't round my words properly, so it sounds like I'm mumbling or slurring. Although I think this has something to do with the fact that my dad was scottish, my mum was from Portsmouth and I grew up in Yorkshire, so my accents got confused growing up! :P

HalfFull

Hmm I'm not sure if my voice sounds boring. I know I always spoke in a drone until I was 27 but then suddenly for I think the first time I found my voice coming out sounding clearer like that of most adults.

I think its related to confidence. A droning voice might be from being depressed or not confident. If your confidence increases your voice might come out sounding less monotone. Although when I actually hear a recording of my voice I always think that it does sound different to the neurotypical majority, and perhaps it actually sounds sound boring to them. Although if someone speaks with enthusiasm about something in an animated way, can it still come out sounding boring?

aspiesw

I think my voice is 'boring', but I can't really help it  :mellow: