aspiesw

What Helps Calm You Down?

aspiesw

I'm not sure whether this has been discussed, but generally calms you down? For me it's music, whenever I'm upset or had a hard day at work/uni, listening to music helps me calm down, relax and feel comfortable, I'm not sure why but I rely on music, I don't think I could live without it

Sofi

My weighted blanket, certain music and certain books about my special interests. My interests are the only things that make me feel comfortable and I know everything is okay then if I surround myself with my interests. Plasticine helps too, it requires concentration and keeps my hands moving, or drawing and colouring. Sometimes it's hard for me to calm down but I try.

Ben

Nootropics mainly. Not eating carbs and lifting heavy things in the gym. My bible is also a constant reminder of where to throw all of my anxiety and inhibition. So if I was to generalise this answer, ultimately I'd say God. 

But a stiff tequila works too... It all depends on how naughty I'm feeling. 

Alex

It all depends on how naughty I'm feeling. 

Hmm.... ;)

Ben

Yup, the devil sticks his pitchfork up my ass too. I'm don't get treated any different. 

Nesf

I'm not sure whether this has been discussed, but generally calms you down? For me it's music, whenever I'm upset or had a hard day at work/uni, listening to music helps me calm down, relax and feel comfortable, I'm not sure why but I rely on music, I don't think I could live without it

I second that, music is very important to me. It's the one constant in my life, and never lets me down. What kind of music do you like? Also, a long walk in the forest or countryside, physical exercise is good against anxiety. Lying down for 10 minutes with my arms round my head and over my eyes. A warm bath with a good book :) I always read a few pages before I go to bed to help me sleep. Herbal anti-stress tea.

annalise_fox_ford

the only way i can calm down is listening to music and dancing i am not so sure how the dancing calms me down though :)

Babadakad

Mostly listening to music and playing games. Doing sports is also a great way.

Shell_Bell

Listening to music definitely. Games. Yoga sometimes. Candles. Walking in the woods. Having a sing song and an energetic dance around the house is very effective for releasing pent up feelings and tension  :)

aspiesw

I second that, music is very important to me. It's the one constant in my life, and never lets me down. What kind of music do you like? Also, a long walk in the forest or countryside, physical exercise is good against anxiety. Lying down for 10 minutes with my arms round my head and over my eyes. A warm bath with a good book :) I always read a few pages before I go to bed to help me sleep. Herbal anti-stress tea.

A mix of rock and pop, and a bit of Indie/Hip Hop, I love Diana Vickers, she's perfect